Weber Shandwick Takes Home 13 HSMAI Adrian Awards
- Travel Practice Earns Record 15th Platinum Award -
NEW YORK, Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber Shandwick's Travel & Lifestyle Practice was honored with an impressive 13 awards at the annual Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) gala in New York last night. The practice received five gold, three silver and three bronze Adrian awards and two coveted Platinum Awards, selected from the pool of 74 public relations gold awards. In the past 16 years, Weber Shandwick has earned a record 15 Platinum Awards.
HSMAI's Adrian Awards reception and gala is the pinnacle event to recognize inspiring best practices in sales and marketing for the hospitality industry. The awards honor outstanding achievements in advertising, public relations and digital marketing and this year, there were more than 1,000 entries.
"As we continually strive to provide best-in-class service to our clients, it is an honor to be recognized with these prestigious awards," said Rene A. Mack, president of Weber Shandwick's Travel & Lifestyle practice. "Without the trust and guidance of our clients, and the talented group of professionals committed to client service and innovation, this success would not be possible."
The 2011 Weber Shandwick winning client campaigns are:
- Bonjour Montreal: Kathie Lee & Hoda Take Canada (on behalf of the Canadian Tourism Commission)
- Chicago Sun-Times coverage of the Seafood Festival (on behalf of the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Contest/Sweepstakes-Digital Marketing: Rand McNally's Best of the Road campaign (Rand McNally)
- Feature Placement Print-Consumer Magazine or Newspaper: Chicago Sun-Times coverage of the Seafood Festival (The New Orleans Convention & Visitor's Bureau)
- Feature Placement-Television: ABC Travel Now segment on Harbour Island, Bahamas (The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism)
- Feature Placement-Television: Bonjour Montreal: Kathie Lee & Hoda Take Canada (The Canadian Tourism Commission)
- Feature Placement-Television: Royal Caribbean's Kathie Lee & Hoda segment (Royal Caribbean)
- Marketing Program – Consumer: Royal Caribbean's Ocean Views campaign (Royal Caribbean)
- New Opening/ Launch: AirCruise Launch (Travel Holdings, Inc.)
- Special Events: Canada Premiere's Virtual Food Tasting (The Canadian Tourism Commission)
- Feature Placement-Newspaper: Story written by Chelle Koster Walton of the Miami Herald (Bahamas Ministry of Tourism)
- Media Center – Online Press Room: BahamasMediaCenter.com (Bahamas Ministry of Tourism)
- New Opening/ Launch: Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas Launch (Royal Caribbean)
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations agency with offices in 81 countries around the world. The firm's success is built on its deep commitment to client service, our people, creativity, collaboration and harnessing the power of Advocates - engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputation. Weber Shandwick provides strategy and execution across practices such as consumer marketing, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate and crisis management. Its specialized services include digital/social media, advocacy advertising, market research, and corporate responsibility. In 2010, Weber Shandwick was named Global Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report for the second year in a row; an 'Agency of the Decade' by Advertising Age, Large PR Agency of the Year by Bulldog Reporter, a Digital Firm of the Year by PR News, and Top Corporate Responsibility Advisory Firm by CR Magazine. The firm has also won numerous 'best place to work' awards around the world. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
SOURCE Weber Shandwick WorldwideBack to top