Alongside Plan Sponsor Clients, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services Wins Six LACP "Spotlight Awards" for Communications Excellence
BOSTON, Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Retirement Plan Services (JHRPS) recently was recognized for communications excellence in conjunction with several of its plan sponsor clients by the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP), winning six "Spotlight Awards" in the 2017 Global Communications Competition. The awards were presented for materials designed for a range of audiences including: retirement plan participants, plan sponsors, financial representatives, third party administrators and internal audiences.
JHRPS, along with their clients, won two awards each in the Platinum, Gold and Silver categories. All six awards placed among the Top 100 Communications overall, in a competition that received more than 1,500 entries and included multi-media, print and web communications.
"At John Hancock, we always strive to develop innovative and effective materials that benefit our customers in a direct and positive way," said Andrew Ross, senior vice president, Marketing and Product Development, JHRPS. "It's an honor to be recognized for our communications work among the ranks of so many well-respected companies."
John Hancock won Platinum for:
- The Morgan Focus Groups and Road Show, employee focus groups conducted with employees across locations to help them better understand their challenges with saving for retirement; recognized overall as 15th out of 100 top submissions worldwide
- The Steel Dynamics Power of 10% Campaign, a branded communication strategy tailored to Steel Dynamics' culture that encourages excitement and engagement with saving for retirement and periodically reviewing retirement savings goals; overall 17th out of top 100 submissions
Gold was awarded for:
- Getinge Excite Campaign, an education campaign designed to encourage participants to be proactive in their retirement planning strategies; overall 31st out of top 100
- The North American Stainless Retirement Readiness Campaign, a series of customized, targeted communications to help improve employees' overall strategy for retirement planning; overall 45th out of top 100
Silver was awarded for:
- The Cott/DS Acquisition and Excite Campaign, a large scale communication and education campaign that encompassed direct mail, raffles and live onsite seminars; overall 62nd out of top 100
- The Ingram 2016 401(k) Awareness Campaign, an education campaign announcing a new managed accounts program with new branding concepts; overall 64th out of top 100
League of American Communications Professionals:
The League of American Communications Professionals LLC (LACP) was established in 2001 in order to create a forum within the public relations industry that facilitates discussion of best-in-class practices within the profession while also recognizing those who demonstrate exemplary communications capabilities. For further information please go to
About John Hancock Retirement Plan Services
John Hancock is a leader in the retirement plan services marketplace, servicing more than 57,000 plans and helping more than 2.7 million participants, making it one of the largest full-service providers of 401(k) plans across all plan sizes.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) as of September 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alongside-plan-sponsor-clients-john-hancock-retirement-plan-services-wins-six-lacp-spotlight-awards-for-communications-excellence-300564262.html
SOURCE John Hancock Retirement Plan ServicesBack to top