True Fit™ Wins Big At 2012 MITX Innovation Awards
Leading Fit Recommendation Engine Selected Winner of Two Awards for Best Consumer Tech that Makes Life Easier and Most Insightful: Analytics / Business Intelligence
BOSTON, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- True Fit™ (web: www.truefit.com, twitter: @truefit) – the global leader in fit personalization software – is pleased to announce that it was selected winner of two awards at the prestigious 2012 MITX Innovation Awards for Best Consumer Tech that Makes Life Easier and Most Insightful: Analytics / Business Intelligence. Held annually by the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange, the MITX Awards recognize the innovations designed, produced or developed in New England that are powering the future of digital marketing, media, and technology. Winners were announced at a sold-out ceremony held on June 12th in Boston.
True Fit launched its personalized fit recommendation service in fall 2011 with Macy's as the inaugural retail partner. True Fit works with the world's leading retailers and is expanding the service to dozens more leading apparel and footwear retailers over the next several months. True Fit's groundbreaking patented software helps customers know how well clothes and shoes they view onscreen will fit and flatter them in real life, and recommends which size is best.
"The entire True Fit team was thrilled to be in the company of such a wide range of amazing nominees, and to be recognized by MITX both for making life easier for consumers who just want to reliably buy clothes and shoes online, and for deploying world class machine learning software and analytics to benefit leading retailers, top brands, and consumers broadly," said Romney Evans, co-founder of True Fit.
In addition to dramatically improving sales conversion and return rates, True Fit helps capture new online growth by bolstering the confidence of customers who might otherwise shy away from purchasing online due to unsure fit.
HOW TRUE FIT WORKS
1. Customers create a True Fit Profile™ in 3 quick steps. No measurements required.
- Step one: Body. Customer selects a few conceptual body descriptions for key fit areas.
- Step two: Closet. Customer identifies favorite best-fitting items from their closet.
- Step three: Complete. Customer completes profile with a few basics (height, etc.).
2. Customers then shop as they normally would while True Fit's Recommendation Engine™, virtually "tries on" every item for them using a variety of proprietary algorithms.
3. The customer then instantly sees True Fit recommendations for each product they view:
- True Fit Size™ – the best size recommended and pre-selected for that user for every item
- True Fit T-Scores™ – a five-point scale that indicates how well the item will fit
- True Fit Details™ – fit details across key body areas such as waist, hips, seat and inseam
About True Fit
True Fit is the global leader in fit personalization software. Perfected over four years by an expert team of apparel and software veterans working directly with leading brands and hundreds of thousands of registered users in True Fit's test kitchen, True Fit's patented software service (SaaS) deftly matches men and women to clothing and shoes that truly fit their unique body and style preferences. True Fit enables a rich and simple experience for shopping clothing and shoes onscreen (online, mobile, tablet and in-store) and over time users receive constantly improving recommendations as True Fit's machine learning engine learns more about what truly fits each user.
Established in 1996, MITX -- the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange -- is the leading industry organization focused on the web and mobile, bringing together the digital marketing, media and technology community to engage in what's next and how it will impact the marketing and business worlds. Connecting more than 7,500 professionals in New England, MITX is a dynamic community of thought leaders and collaborators in search of insight, education and opportunity. Creator of FutureM, MITX is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit http://www.mitx.org/.
True Fit Media Contact:
The Morris + King Company for True Fit
SOURCE True FitBack to top