Ocean Freight e-Commerce Leader Mines Insight from Sea of Big Data with EMC Greenplum
INTTRA Delivers Powerful Shipping Performance Insights in Seconds
HOPKINTON, Mass., March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced that INTTRA, a leading global provider of e-commerce solutions to the ocean freight industry, has selected the EMC Greenplum Data Computing Appliance (DCA) for its performance, scalability and portability, providing INTTRA OceanMetrics customers with powerful, real-time insights.
- Performance – With its massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture and the fastest data-loading rate in the industry, Greenplum DCA enables INTTRA and its customers to extract answers from large volumes of data in seconds instead of hours, days, weeks or months. During Greenplum proof-of-concept testing, INTTRA completed a production-level query in just 4.5 seconds.
- Scalability – Greenplum DCA enables INTTRA to process massive volumes of data required to provide meaningful insights into shipping performance.
- Portability – Greenplum DCA offers all the power of a unified Big Data analytics platform without the complexity and constraints of proprietary hardware.
INTTRA recently launched OceanMetrics, a revolutionary business insights platform that enables shippers and carriers to measure their own performance, as well as the performance of their ocean freight partners. In order to provide actionable ocean shipment performance intelligence, OceanMetrics leverages actual carrier and shipper transactions processed on the INTTRA e-commerce platform—a massive volume of data that represents more than 15% of global ocean container trade. As a result, the world's largest ocean carriers and shippers will have access to a large-scale base of information to help manage their business and better serve their customers.
INTTRA selected the Greenplum DCA because of Greenplum's performance, scalability, portability and stability, enabling powerful, near real-time insights in seconds instead of days, weeks or months.
Anthony Costa, Vice President, Customer Experience & Corporate Technology, INTTRA
"Performance and scalability were major factors in our decision to select the Greenplum Data Computing Appliance. The power of Greenplum is that we can continue to revolutionize the industry with visibility that will help to improve overall ocean shipping performance and efficiency."
"For our customers, the performance and scalability of the Greenplum solution creates valuable insights not only into their own business, but also into how they compare with their peers in the industry. That's very, very powerful insight. That's not something they can get with any other solution out there."
"The portability of the Greenplum Data Computing Appliance is a key benefit for us. Obviously we like the Greenplum appliances, but we also like that Greenplum offers all the power of a unified big data analytics platform without the complexity and constraints of proprietary hardware."
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Greenplum.
- For the latest industry news, research, webcasts and use cases covering big data, analytics, and the data scientist community visit the Greenplum Media Center.
- Connect with INTTRA via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
INTTRA is a leading global provider of e-commerce solutions to the ocean freight industry. INTTRA professionals work with over 30 leading carriers and NVOCCs, as well as their customers, to streamline and standardize their shipping processes worldwide through a network of more than 30,000 corporate locations. Over 500,000 container orders are initiated on the INTTRA platform each week, representing more than 15 percent of global ocean container trade. To learn more about INTTRA visit www.inttra.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
SOURCE EMC CorporationBack to top