Hong Kong to Host Road Show Events Across the USA to Showcase Hong Kong as China's Global Financial Centre and the Premier Offshore Renminbi Business Centre
- The main conference will be held in New York on 15th March 2012, which will highlight the growth and potential of Hong Kong as the premier offshore Renminbi business centre and a leading international asset management hub
- Speakers at the 15th March main conference include the Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury of the Hong Kong Government, the Chief Executive Officer of Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, and a Deputy Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- In addition to the main conference, panel luncheon and breakfast events will take place in Los Angeles on 12th March and in Chicago on 14th March to highlight Hong Kong's role as an attractive destination for expanding companies and businesses seeking fundraising via IPO, secondary listing and dim sum bonds
NEW YORK, March 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), supported by InvestHK, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Securities and Futures Commission, has announced that it is hosting a series of events across the USA in March to discuss the development of Hong Kong as a leading offshore Renminbi centre and an international asset management hub.
These topics will be discussed in panel events in Los Angeles on 12th March and in Chicago on 14th March, with a focus on the advantages of using dim sum bonds for companies looking to raise funds in Hong Kong. The road show will be concluded by the main event, a half-day conference in New York on 15th March.
The keynote speaker for the New York conference will be Professor K C Chan, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury of the Hong Kong Government. His speech will be followed by two panel discussions among senior representatives from Allianz Global Investors, Blackrock Asset Management, HSBC Hong Kong, PingAn of China Asset Management and Harvest Global Investments as well as the financial regulators of Hong Kong:
- The first panel will examine Hong Kong's asset management industry and the access it grants investors to China's wealth and assets. The panel will be chaired by Ashley Alder, the Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong
- The second panel will examine the deepening of Hong Kong's offshore renminbi market. The panel will be chaired by Peter Pang, a Deputy Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
The events form part of an ongoing global campaign which includes similar events previously held in London, Zurich, Geneva and Luxembourg, as well as a conference in New York last year.
Following the announcement, Professor K C Chan, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, the Government of the Hong Kong SAR said:
"Hong Kong continues to hold several clear advantages for American companies wishing to establish a presence in Asia. The continued growth of China and business opportunities it offers cannot be overlooked by such companies. Hong Kong's unique position as the principal gateway to China and its well-established links with Western economies makes it the ideal base for businesses looking to expand in Asia.
"Hong Kong is already a world-class financial centre and our Government will continue to seek ways to make the city's business environment even more conducive to financial activities. The continued growth of Hong Kong as the premier offshore Renminbi centre, and the development of dim sum bonds are examples of our achievements in providing unprecedented opportunities to financiers across the globe."
To find out more about the event or to register, please visit the conference webpage: http://www.hkcgfc.com/upcoming-events.
You can find out more about InvestHK by visiting:
Notes to Editors
For more information, please contact:
+852 3107 1003
+1 212 885 0682
About Invest Hong Kong
Invest Hong Kong is the department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government established in July 2000 to take responsibility for Foreign Direct Investment and support overseas and Mainland businesses to set up or expand in Hong Kong. It provides free advice and customised services to help businesses succeed in Hong Kong's vibrant economy. In its 12th year of operation, Invest Hong Kong has completed over 2,400 investment projects creating more than 29,000 new jobs in the first year of operation or expansion and HK$62 billion of investment. For more information, please visit www.investhk.gov.hk.
SOURCE Invest Hong KongBack to top