The Cable Show 2012 General Sessions to Showcase Leading Figures in News, Sports, Entertainment and Politics
Cable Industry Leaders Join Conan O'Brien, Edward Burns, Piers Morgan, Chris Matthews, John King and Many More on Stage at the U.S. Cable Industry's Premier Event
WASHINGTON, May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced its full line-up of participants in the three general sessions at The Cable Show 2012, NCTA's 61st Annual Convention and International Exposition. The Cable Show takes place May 21-23, 2012, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
The following speakers will complement dozens of other sessions, programs, special events, and a robust exhibit floor, at The Cable Show 2012.
Monday, May 21 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT)
Welcome by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Show co-chairs:
- Philip Kent, Chairman & CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
State of the Industry Address:
- Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
Industry Panel: How innovative companies are positioning themselves to take advantage of an anytime, anywhere, anything-goes media environment.
Moderator: Erin Burnett, Chief Business and Economics Correspondent and Anchor, "Erin Burnett OutFront," CNN.
- Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL
- Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
- David Zaslav, President & CEO, Discovery Communications
Tuesday, May 22 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
Industry Panel -- Digital Disruption: The impact of digital distribution on the future of entertainment, communications and commerce in our daily lives.
Moderator: Julia Boorstin, Media and Entertainment Reporter, CNBC
- Edward Burns, Film Director, Actor and Writer
- Reo Caraeff, President & CEO, VEVO
- Dan Mead, President & CEO, Verizon Wireless
- Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable, and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
One-on-One Conversation: Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, will be interviewed by Michael Powell, NCTA President & CEO.
Political Panel -- Campaigns in Context: A candid discussion of the U.S. political scene and the forthcoming presidential election in the context of a rapidly changing environment for the delivery of news and the framework for civic dialogue.
Moderator: Steve Scully, Sr. Executive Producer and Political Editor, C-SPAN
- John King, Chief National Correspondent and Anchor, "John King, USA," CNN
- Chris Matthews, Host, "Hardball with Chris Matthews," MSNBC
- Maria Elena Salinas, Co-Anchor, "Noticiero Univision," Univision
Wednesday, May 23 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
One-on-One Conversation: Conan O'Brien, Host of "Conan" on TBS, will be interviewed by Piers Morgan, Host of "Piers Morgan Tonight" on CNN.
Sports Panel – Good Sports: The impact of digital media and around-the-clock access on the economics and strategies of the modern-day sports business.
Moderator: Darren Rovell, Sports Business Reporter, CNBC
- David Hill, Chairman & CEO, Fox Sports Media Group
- David Levy, President of Sales, Distribution & Sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- John Skipper, President, ESPN, Inc. & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, ESPN, Inc.
- David Stern, Commissioner, National Basketball Association
Industry Panel -- Whose Viewer Is It? Viewpoints about competition and collaboration in an environment where plentiful delivery options have blurred traditional business boundaries.
Moderator: Piers Morgan, Host, "Piers Morgan Tonight," CNN
- Jeffrey Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc.
- Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO, News Corporation
- Patrick Esser, President, Cox Communications
- Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix
Live streaming for all general sessions will be available at live.thecableshow.com.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information for The Cable Show 2012 is available at www.thecableshow.com or from NCTA's Department of Industry Affairs (202-222-2430). Exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCTA is the principal trade association for the U.S. cable industry, representing cable operators serving more than 90 percent of the nation's cable television households and more than 200 cable program networks. The cable industry is the nation's largest broadband provider of high-speed Internet access, serving 45 million customers, after investing more than $185 billion to build two-way interactive networks with fiber optic technology. Cable companies also provide state-of-the-art digital telephone service to 24 million American consumers.
SOURCE NCTABack to top