Verizon Wireless & Comcast Team Up in Michigan to Deliver First-class Video Entertainment, Communications and Internet Experiences
Offers/Incentives Bring Both New and Existing Customers More Value, Convenience and Choice
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and Comcast today announced they will offer each other's services in Michigan and deliver a variety of offers and incentives for new and existing customers. Now, consumers in 10 Michigan markets looking to stay connected to the people and things they love while on the go or at home have new options for outstanding video, phone, Internet and wireless services.
Based on the package chosen, customers of both Comcast and Verizon Wireless could qualify for a variety of offers and incentives, including Visa® prepaid cards valued up to $300, a complementary 12-month subscription to Xfinity® Streampix™, and Comcast HD DVR at no additional cost for six months, and/or a complementary 12-month upgrade to Blast!, the Xfinity Internet service that provides download speeds of up to 30 Mbps with PowerBoost®.
"Our momentum with Comcast in delivering these value packages in other markets is continually drawing praise from customers," said John Granby, president – Michigan/Indiana/Kentucky Region, Verizon Wireless. "Because mobility is a top priority for the consumer, we have developed an offering that provides a terrific wireless, entertainment and communications experience in one spot. Comcast's product suite continues to deliver exceptional entertainment and communications services and the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is the ideal complement to complete the package."
In addition to Michigan, Comcast and Verizon Wireless are expanding the offer to several cities across Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee today. Verizon Wireless and Comcast have previously introduced this offering in the following markets: Atlanta, Chicago, Colorado, Kansas City, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Portland, Ore., Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Seattle.
"Together with Verizon Wireless, we're delivering more value for more consumers by providing an entertainment and communications solution that aligns with their lifestyles," said Tim Collins, senior vice president of Comcast's Heartland Region. "Now, Comcast customers in Michigan will have the option of building a great in-home experience through our Xfinity services, along with the reliability of Verizon Wireless' network while on the go."
For customers who wish to sign up in person, these packages are available at the following Michigan Verizon Wireless Communications Stores:
- Allen Park, 3128 Fairlane Dr.
- Ann Arbor, 2570 Jackson Ave.
- Ann Arbor East, 3365 Washtenaw Ave.
- Auburn Hills, Great Lakes Crossing, 4598 Baldwin Rd.
- Battle Creek, 6233 B Dr. N
- Brighton, 8159 Challis Rd.
- Burton, Center Crossing, 1295 S. Center Rd.
- Canton, 41802 Ford Rd.
- Clinton, 17310 Hall Rd.
- Comstock Park, 4150 Alpine Ave. NW
- Dearborn, 24417 Ford Rd.
- Detroit, Renaissance Center Kiosk, 300 Renaissance Ctr.
- Fenton, 17245 Silver Parkway
- Flint, 4375 Miller Rd.
- Ft. Gratiot, 4129 24th Rd.
- Grand Rapids, 2605 E. Beltline Ave. SE
- Grand Rapids, 2090 Celebration Dr. NE
- Grand Rapids, 6101 Kalamazoo Ave. SE
- Grandville, 4747 Wilson Ave. SW
- Jackson, 1137 Boardman Rd.
- Kalamazoo, 5461 Gull Lake Rd.
- Kalamazoo, 6301 S. Westnedge Ave.
- Kalamazoo, 5015 W. Main St.
- Lake Orion, 2531 S. Lapeer Rd.
- Lansing, Eastwood Towne Center, 2713 Preyde Blvd.
- Lansing, 5202 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Livonia, 29523 Plymouth Rd.
- Monroe, 2161 Mall Rd.
- Muskegon, Meijer Outlet, 5350 Harvey St.
- Northville, 20580 Haggerty Rd.
- Novi, 43025 W. 12 Mile Rd.
- Okemos, 1930 W. Grand River Ave.
- Rochester, 3035 S. Rochester Rd.
- Roseville, 29024 Gratiot Ave.
- Royal Oak, 31941 Woodward Ave.
- Southfield, 28117 Telegraph Rd.
- St. Clair Shores, 26401 Harper Ave.
- Sterling Heights, 45111 Park Ave.
- Taylor, 23495 Eureka Rd.
- Troy, 1913 E. Big Beaver Rd.
- Warren, 5745 E. 12 Mile Rd.
- Westland, 35000 Warren Rd.
Consumers have the flexibility to order these services in person at select Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or by calling 1-855-704-7400. More details, including availability and eligibility, can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/xfinity or www.comcast.com/wireless.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93 million retail customers, including 88 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
SOURCE Verizon WirelessBack to top