Cavium to Demonstrate Market-Leading Solutions for LTE Mobile, Digital Home and Enterprise at Computex 2012
Cavium's Processors Continue to Drive Innovation through Cutting Edge Technology in Wireless Access, Media Processing, High-Definition Wireless Video and Media storage
SAN JOSE, Calif. and TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412 during Computex 2012 from June 5 - June 9.
Cavium's PureVu® Video ARM®-based processors support OEMs and ODMs developing wireless display solutions for smartphones, tablet, notebook PCs, TVs, Monitors, set top boxes, and media players.
Cavium's OCTEON® MIPS64® processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless femto cells, base stations and gateways.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion™ MIPS64 processors deliver breakthrough capacity and throughput for LTE small cell base stations, including micro, pico and enterprise femto base stations, through a high performance multi-core architecture with purpose-built Baseband DSP cores, extensive LTE hardware accelerators and digital front end (DFE) in a single chip.
Cavium's ECONA™ low power, dual-core ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building FTTH broadband gateways, network attached storage appliances, cloud expandable storage solutions, media and print servers, and wireless access points.
Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors offer industry leading integration and best price-performance for Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Multimedia player applications.
Cavium will demonstrate the following at the Grand Hyatt hotel in the company's private suite:
PureVu Video Processor Demonstrations
- Universal wireless display adapter reference design: Cavium's new market leading universal wireless display adapter reference design show-casing support for Cavium's WiVu™, DLNA®, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ (pre-certification implementation), in addition to software transmit solution interoperating with a range of popular portable consumer devices including smart phones, tablets and notebook PCs.
- Multi-room, Multi-source Full HD wireless video: Cavium's user friendly WiVu™ GUI with IR back-channel.
- PureVu-based customer products: PureVu-based customer products in multiple CE market segments including smartphones and tablets, monitors, notebooks PCs and stand-alone adapters.
ECONA ARM Processor Demonstrations
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Residential Gateway: Multi-service, high performance gateway demo with media serving, forwarding and wireless access capabilities based on the ECONA platform.
- TurboDPI Deep Packet Inspection: Efficient, high performance protocol analysis, application recognition and URL Filtering technology soon to be available on the ECONA processor platform.
Celestial ARM Processor Demonstrations
- IP- Set Top Box platform: Fully integrated DVB-T, USB/UPnP Media Playback, OTT (HLS) and VoD (HTTP) media, and web services.
OCTEON Fusion Processor Demonstrations
- LTE eNodeB: End-to-end, over the air, simultaneous operation of 4 Full HD streaming videos and FTP transfer.
- Complete LTE small cell solution: Easily deployable from UE USIM assignment to eNodeB and IP traffic gateway setup, featuring a ready to manufacture Enterprise Small Cell Design.
OCTEON II Multi-core Processor Demonstrations
- Enterprise class Unified Threat Management: Revolutionary Deep Packet Inspection engine for UTM/Intrusion Protection/Detection/Antivirus application from leading tier one provider.
- Multi-Motherboard Blade Server: Massive array of multi-core solutions, all packed within a 4U chassis showcasing outstanding performance/watt for server and data center applications.
- Enterprise NAS: Enterprise NAS/iSCSI appliance with best in class SMB performance.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference solutions and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California, with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India, Taiwan and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.Back to top