New Battery Packs Arrangement May Resolve Battery Safety Issues In Electric Vehicles
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., May 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- EV Xchange Technologies has announced today the issuance of U.S. Patent No. 8,146,694 which relates to modular battery packs arrangement system for electric vehicles. In this system, the battery packs are much smaller in size compared to cluster battery pack design that exists today. The unique features of this invention are:
- Use of rechargeable multiple small size modular battery packs
- Battery packs are exchangeable manually or by an automated battery swap station. There is no need to wait for battery re-charging downtime.
- Battery packs safety: Each battery packs are placed into shielded enclosures within the battery rack frame for propose of high safety concerns. There is also a gap between the shielded enclosure and the battery pack for air flow circulation.
- Defective battery module can be removed and replaced with a good battery module.
- Smaller battery pack can be charged quickly within 2-3 hours. No need for huge batteries stock in swap charging station.
- The quick exchange battery packs system provides an extra option for electric vehicle owners
- The modulated battery packs can be custom designed with electric vehicle's company standards and preferred layout design with respect to number of battery packs.
Currently EV Xchange Technologies is considering licensing the patent rights to this invention.
About EV Xchange Technologies of Aliso Viejo
EV Xchange Technologies has been developing technology in the field of battery management and charging systems for electric vehicles. For more information go to www.evxchange.com
Media Contact: Vahid Hamidi, EV Xchange Technologies, 1-949-643-5535, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE EV Xchange TechnologiesBack to top