South Dakota Communities to Benefit From Verizon Wireless Network Enhancements
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network in South Dakota by activating eight new cell sites, expanding coverage in the following areas:
- Brookings County – Improving coverage along the U.S. Highway 81 and State Highway 28 corridors near Arlington.
- Buffalo County (two sites) – Improving coverage for the town of Fort Thompson and along the State Highway 47; and improved coverage along the State Highway 34 and State Highway 45 corridors near Gann Valley.
- Custer County – Improving coverage along the State Highway 79 corridor near Buffalo Gap.
- Douglas County – Improving coverage along the U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 44 corridors near Armour.
- Jerauld County – Improving coverage along U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 34 corridors near Wessington Springs.
- Fall River County – Improving coverage for the town of Oelrichs.
- Spink County – Improving coverage along the U.S. Highway 212 and State Highway 37 corridors near Doland.
The new cell sites provide increased wireless voice and data service in South Dakota which empowers more Verizon Wireless customers to rely on their wireless phones for social networking, Internet browsing, downloading apps, exchanging email and text, picture and video messaging, as well as making calls.
These new cell sites are part of Verizon Wireless' continual effort to expand coverage, increase capacity and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network in South Dakota. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $65 billion since it was formed—$6 billion on average every year—to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. Since 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $296 million on improvements to its wireless network in South Dakota.
Individual news releases on each cell site are available online at www.verizonwireless.com/news.
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter
Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in South Dakota by following @VZWKaren on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwkaren. For all company news follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93.0 million retail customers, including 88.0 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon WirelessBack to top