Roca Group 2011 Results
BARCELONA, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Roca Group has met its growth and profitability targets thanks to significant management efforts in emerging economy markets. This has been the only way to offset the slump in the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal) and the sluggishness of Central European countries, both of which have historically been high-volume and high-margin regions for the Group.
Most significant data: increase in sales and profit
- In 2011, Roca Group net sales reached 1,551 million euros, up 3.5% from 2010.
- EBITDA reached 214 million euros and stands at 13.8% of total turnover.
- Consolidated net profit for 2011 was 20 million euros, improving on the 19 million euros in profit posted in 2010.
Growth by markets: Brazil, the Group's new top market
- The increase in sales has been particularly driven by growth in BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China), which already account for 40% of the Group's turnover.
- Brazil has become the Group's top market in terms of turnover, surpassing Spain for the first time, where economic decline and a stagnant construction sector have triggered further drops in sales (-14.5% from 2010).
- Acquired in 2011 and specialising in manufacturing bathroom furniture, Russian group Akvaton contributed notably to group turnover. Also worth highlighting is the strong business performance in Argentina and European markets such as Germany, the UK, Austria and Scandinavian countries.
Efforts to expand and diversify the offer
- The Group's main investments in 2011 reflect its desire to consolidate its leadership position in key emerging economies by expanding market share. In addition to the acquisition of Akvaton Group (Russia), production capacity expansion projects have been launched at various plants in Russia, Brazil and India.
- The Group has also made substantial efforts in expanding and diversifying its product range, through the optimization of its production and logistics capacity as well as by applying a new brand portfolio management model.
- Today, the Roca Group portfolio boasts 32 trademarks, including global brands (Roca and Laufen) and regional, specialist products.
"Although our international expansion policy is still in force, in 2011 we have slowed down our efforts to focus more on consolidating our worldwide capabilities, with the aim of establishing a true global operator structure. Fortunately, our presence in key emerging economies is strong and we have the largest commercial offering in the industry. By properly managing our position as market leaders, we should be able to maintain our current growth path," says Ramón Asensio, CEO of the Group.
About Roca Group
Roca Group is dedicated to the design, production and marketing of bathroom space products and ceramic tile for architecture, construction and interior design.
The company employs 21,100 workers, has 72 production sites in 18 countries and operates in over 135 countries across five continents.
The 100% Spanish-owned Group is the market leader in Europe, Latin America, India and Russia. It also has a strong presence in China and the rest of Asia, the Middle East, Australia and Africa. This makes us world leaders in our business.
Contact: Victor Schoone, +971(0)50-4659324, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Roca GroupBack to top