Leviton Demonstrates "Living Green, Living Smart" by Featuring Sustainable Solutions in VISION House® Los Angeles
Extensive product offering ranges from industry-leading EV charger and solar energy solutions to dimmers and home automation devices
MELVILLE, N.Y., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leviton today announced that a comprehensive range of its sustainable solutions for smart home innovations will be included in VISION House® Los Angeles 2012, scheduled for its public grand opening on June 10, 2012. VISION House L.A., a demonstration home providing builders, remodelers, designers and consumers with essential green building information for new construction and retrofit/remodeling, will feature a wide-range of energy-conscious solutions from Leviton. The home will utilize Leviton's lighting and energy management, home automation, solar solutions and electrical vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) to create a future-forward residence.
"As consumers look to the next generation of energy efficient innovations for their homes, Leviton continues to create sustainable and intelligent solutions ranging from lighting and energy management products to residential solar power systems that pay off in time, energy and cost savings," said Daryoush Larizadeh, Leviton's Chief Operating Officer. "VISION House L.A. is an exciting way for Leviton to demonstrate our commitment to meeting energy management challenges, and providing smart, reliable solution-based products for greener, smarter living."
A number of Leviton's 25,000-plus products will be prominently featured in VISION House L.A., including:
- Solar Home Solutions: A fully engineered home solar energy solution customized specifically for the home, Leviton Solar brings all the advantages of solar energy to VISION House L.A. for an immediate reduction in home energy expenses and cleaner living. Recently launched in southern California and New York, homeowners contracting through Leviton Solar can avoid high upfront costs and still get all the advantages of a complete home solar power system by taking advantage of leasing options – paying little to nothing upfront, and then a low, fixed monthly amount.
- Level 2 Car Charger (Evr-Green™ 160) and Installation Kit: Featured in the home's garage, Evr-Green 160 Level 2 Charger is able to charge all major automakers' electric vehicle offerings. Compliant with industry safety standards, including UL certification, it provides up to 16 amps at 240 volts AC (3.8kW output) for faster charging than standard offerings.
- Universal Dimmers: The home features state-of-the-art Universal Dimmers, engineered to provide homeowners optimal dimming control of current and emerging incandescent, dimmable CFL and dimmable LED bulbs without sacrificing performance.
- Vizia RF +™: Integrated throughout the home, the Vizia RF + devices capture the essence of "smart" lighting control with embedded Z-Wave® radio frequency technology, allowing for wireless control and monitoring of all lighting, household appliances and electronics with the touch of a button.
- Occupancy Sensors: Leviton's Occupancy Sensor switches are featured in the home to provide hands-free lighting control. The sensors provide automatic ON/OFF switching of lighting loads for enhance convenience, security and long-term energy savings.
Located in Pacific Palisades, Calif., VISION House L.A. is a project of Green Builder® Media and project partner Structure Home focusing on the CalGreen Code and emphasizing optimized performance, durability, energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor air quality, efficient systems and sustainable materials. For more information on Leviton's involvement and products featured, visit www.leviton.com/visionhouse.
Leviton is the smart choice, providing the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of today's residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Leveraging more than a century of experience, Leviton helps customers create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, and lighting energy management systems. From switches and receptacles, to daylight harvesting controls, networking systems, and equipment for charging electric vehicles, Leviton solutions help customers achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety. For more information, visit www.leviton.com, http://www.facebook.com/leviton, http://twitter.com/leviton or http://www.youtube.com/Levitonmfg.
SOURCE LevitonBack to top