Bocuse d'Or Chef Experiences, Masters of Wine, and Other Culinary Stars to Spice up Crystal's Summer and Fall 2012 Wine and Food Festivals
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Renowned for providing intimate access to the cream of the international culinary crop, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises is bringing aboard esteemed chefs, wine experts, and mixologists to enlighten guests on Europe's culinary arts and host a $1,000/person rare wine experience, with mentors including:
- Norway's upcoming Bocuse d'Or contender, Orjan Johannessen, and his coach, past Bronze winner Odd Ivar Solvold, giving an insider's peak into, and taste of, training to become the best chef in the world.
- Christian Moueix, scion of the French winemaking family behind Chateau Petrus (one of the most expensive wines in the world) and a dozen other wineries in Bordeaux and Napa.
- Hans Peter Fink, an award-winning master chef and winner of Lyon's Bocuse d'Or.
- Doug Frost, wine author and one of only three people in the world to achieve both Master of Wine and Master Sommelier certifications.
- Andre Rochat, Las Vegas's original celebrity chef (the Palms' Alize, Monte Carlo Hotel's Andre's, and more) and owner of one of the most extensive collections of wine, armagnacs, cognacs, vintage ports, and spirits in the world.
- Robin Kelley O'Connor, a 30-year wine expert and former Head of Wine for Christie's Americas'.
- Dr. Patrick Farrell, a Master of Wine who has helped create instant decanters that decrease bitterness in wine and whiskey.
Complimentary cooking lessons, hands-on classes, wine tasting, cocktail-mixing instruction, and special dinner menus for all will be offered:
- September 18: 12-day Mediterranean cruise from Istanbul to Venice on Crystal Serenity
- November 17: 11-day Canary Island voyage from Barcelona to Lisbon on Crystal Serenity
- August 14: 11-day Baltic/North Sea sailing from Stockholm to Dover/London on Crystal Symphony. Moueix and Solvold will also serve as chef/wine expert hosts for this cruise's piece de resistance: a 7-course, $1,000 "Ultimate Vintage Room" fete, with Moueix sharing uber-rare wine pairings from his private collection.
Until June 30, "Book Now" fares for the Wine and Food-themed series begin at $3,615/person, double occupancy, with $1,000/person in additional savings for Penthouse bookings. Attractive airfares are available from more than 200 North American gateways.
Extraordinary culinary experiences are a hallmark of every Crystal vacation. Extensive, innovative choices for gourmandizing include the ultra-luxury line's coveted cheese and wine cellars, overseen by on-board, certified cheese and wine sommeliers; fresh, chef-like cocktails served by certified mixologists; and gourmet dining options at every meal, whether in the Crystal Dining Room, at afternoon tea, or in Nobu Matsuhisa's specialty restaurants – all complimentary and included with every cruise.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
SOURCE Crystal CruisesBack to top