el Jimador Announces The 'Dream Team' Roster For The First Cinco de Jimi Cup
Lucky 10 will participate in the ultimate soccer experience as they play alongside their favorite players
LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- el Jimador, 100 percent blue agave tequila, today announced the soccer legends from the U.S. and Mexican National teams and the 10 contest winners who will participate in the inaugural "Cinco de Jimi Cup" on July 10, 2012 at Casa Herradura's Hacienda San Jose del Refugio in Amatitan, Jalisco. Part of el Jimador's commitment to create once in a lifetime experiences for soccer fans, the Cinco de Jimi Cup is a friendly soccer game between former players from the U.S. and Mexican National teams.
A record-breaking number of adults 21 and older participated in the "What's Your 100%" contest through el Jimador's Facebook tab at www.Facebook.com/elJimador, by creating a list of characteristics that define them in percentages, adding up to 100 in alignment with the brand's 100% blue agave attribute. Shane Evans of Goal.com, The Original Winger founder Benjamin Hooper, and two el Jimador executives, reviewed the entries and selected 10 winners based on originality, personality and use of the el Jimador brand.
The player roster for the "Cinco de Jimi Cup" includes:
U.S. National Team
- Alexi Lalas (captain): el Jimador brand ambassador, National Soccer Hall of Famer and ex defender of the U.S. National team
- Cobi Jones: National Soccer Hall of Famer and All-time leader in caps with U.S. Men's National Team
- Tony Meola: recently named National Soccer Hall of Fame inductee and former goal keeper of the U.S. National team
Mexican National Team
- Luis Roberto 'Zague' Alves (captain): former striker of the Mexican National Team and record-holding CONCACAF top scorer
- Jorge Campos: former goal keeper and striker of the Mexican National team
- Luis 'El Matador' Hernandez: former striker that holds the record for the Mexican National Team as the top scorer in the World Cup
The following ten lucky contest winners will be divided between both teams to play alongside and against their soccer idols:
- Cassandra Byerly (Green Bay, WI)
- Maria Cisneros (Millville, NJ)
- Walker Corl (Kannapolis, NC)
- Adam Gonzales (Bronx, NY)
- Sheridan Hurd (Tigard, OR)
- Baldo Romnel Ibarra (Denver, CO)
- Lucas Perry (Portland, ME)
- Anthony Rossi (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Edith Rodiguez Salazar (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Jacob Szopinski (Buffalo, NY)
"Ten soccer fans will have the chance to play with soccer legends that are true artists with the soccer ball and embark on the first of once-in-a-lifetime soccer experiences organized by el Jimador," said Jesus Ostos, Brown-Forman tequilas brand marketing group manager. "Just like soccer is more than a game for passionate soccer fans, handcrafting tequila is a way of life and truly an art form for el Jimador."
In addition to participation in the match alongside soccer legends, the contest prize also includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and local transportation for all winners and a guest.
About el Jimador Tequila
From Casa Herradura, established in 1870, el Jimador is a premium, authentic 100 percent agave tequila that captures the spirit of real tequila. The name el Jimador honors the men who harvest the locally grown agave with great pride and care. Since its introduction in 1994, el Jimador has become the No. 1 selling tequila in Mexico*. el Jimador is the official sponsor of the MLS, U.S. Men's and Women's National Teams and the annual U.S. Tour of the Mexican National Team. To learn more about el Jimador, visit www.eljimador.com.
Please enjoy our handcrafted tequila responsibly.
Alc. 40% by Vol. (80 proof) Tequila imported by Brown-Forman, Louisville, KY ©2012
SOURCE el Jimador TequilaBack to top