National Instruments Releases C Series Engine Control Modules for Rapid Prototyping
- Drivven, a National Instruments company, released six new C Series modules that give power train control system developers the ability to rapidly prototype their engine sensor and actuator interfaces using the NI LabVIEW FPGA Module.
- C Series modular hardware offers plug-and-play I/O flexibility to change engine interfaces in seconds.
- LabVIEW system design software gives researchers tremendous flexibility with engine parameters such as spark and fuel injection timing.
STUTTGART, Germany, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Automotive Testing Expo -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today released six Drivven C Series engine control modules, which provide engine researchers with rugged, modular engine-specific I/O for interfacing directly with internal combustion engine subsystems and actuators. Using these modules, which are programmed with LabVIEW FPGA, engineers can rapidly prototype engine control algorithms without having to create custom hardware or request lengthy code changes.
"The Direct Injector Module from Drivven enabled us to get the piezoelectric injector working well in a very short time," said Jason King, chief engineer of gasoline engines at Ricardo. "We also created novel injection strategies because Drivven programmed the control aspects easily and quickly. The cost versus capability of Drivven products are superior to anything else on the market."
Drivven C Series Module Features
- LabVIEW FPGA drivers: Engineers can easily adjust injection timing and software parameters using an open, intuitive programming language.
- Modular I/O: Engineers can rapidly prototype all the I/O necessary for a production engine controller.
Readers can learn more about Drivven C Series modules with these additional resources:
- Product: http://venus.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210060/
- NI Engine Control Solutions: www.ni.com/enginecontrol
- Video: http://youtu.be/P69SUZjJdrI/
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
Drivven C Series Modules
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
Priced* from $1,499; euro 1,199, 120,000 yen
Tel: (800) 258-7022, Fax: (512) 683-9300
*All prices subject to change
LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
SOURCE National InstrumentsBack to top