Kellogg's® Crunchy Nut Puts The "Car-A-Mel Versus Car-Mel" Debate to Rest; Celebrates New Cereal Flavor on National Caramel Day
Kellogg's® Debuts NEW Crunchy Nut™ Caramel Nut Cereal
- Kellogg's is celebrating National Caramel Day (April 5) with new Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut cereal, the perfect blend of sweet and nutty in every bite
- 57% of Americans pronounce caramel "car-a-mel." No matter how you say it, you can't resist the taste of new Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut cereal
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- You say "car-a-mel," I say "car-mel." No matter how you pronounce it, April 5 is National Caramel Day and Kellogg's® is celebrating with the launch of the new Crunchy Nut™ Caramel Nut cereal. Featuring the deliciously-irresistible combination of sweet caramel flavor and real roasted peanuts on crunchy flakes, Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut gives cereal lovers everywhere reason to celebrate.
In honor of the sweet and nutty new cereal and this national day of recognition, Crunchy Nut is settling the caramel debate once and for all. In a recent survey commissioned by Kellogg Company, 57 percent of Americans pronounce caramel with three syllables "car-a-mel". Most notably:
- People in the U.S. Southern Atlantic region most strongly prefer the "car-a-mel" pronunciation (69%) compared with a slight preference of two-syllable "car-mel" in the Midwest (52%)
- Folks in the Western U.S. are split nearly evenly between saying "car-mel" (45%) and "car-a-mel" (55%), while the East Coast region clearly prefers the three-syllable pronunciation (65%)
- Surprisingly, more than any other zodiac sign, Scorpios had the strongest preference of the "car-a-mel" pronunciation (71%)
- And 34% of Americans admit that the "nuttiest" thing they do with their cereal is drink it out of the bowl.
"People will find any reason to celebrate when they try new Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut," said Yuvraj Arora, senior director of marketing at Kellogg. "Starting on National Caramel Day and beyond, we want to bring fun and enjoyment back to breakfast or anytime throughout the day."
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut gives taste fanatics everywhere reason to savor the deliciously irresistible combination of sweet and nutty flavor. This cereal features golden corn flakes drizzled with caramel flavor and topped with real peanuts.
New Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut cereal is now available at grocery stores and supermarkets nationwide. Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal is available in three taste varieties— Crunchy Nut Roasted Nut & Honey, Crunchy Nut Golden Honey Nut and new Crunchy Nut Caramel Nut.
About Kellogg Company
Driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter, Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) is the world's leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of snacks and frozen foods. Every day, our well-loved brands - produced in 17 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries - nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2011 sales of more than $13 billion, these brands include Cheez-It®, Coco Pops®, Corn Flakes®, Eggo®, Frosted Flakes®, Kashi®, Keebler®, Kellogg's®, Mini-Wheats®, Pop-Tarts®, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, and many more. To learn more about Kellogg Company, including our corporate responsibility initiatives and rich heritage, please visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
 The Impulse Research proprietary online panel survey was conducted online with a random sample of 1,045 men and women aged 18+. All members of the Impulse Research proprietary online panel have been carefully selected to closely match U.S. population demographics and the respondents are representative of American men and women, aged 18+. Research was conducted in March 2012. The overall sampling error rate for this survey is +/-3% at the 95% level of confidence.
SOURCE Kellogg CompanyBack to top