Frost & Sullivan to Provide Insights on Application Usage of Smartphones and Other Devices for Usage-based Insurance Solutions
Automotive & Transportation team to sit on panel at Insurance Telematics USA 2012, along with other telematics experts
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan's Vice President of Growth Consulting Lisa Whalen for the Automotive & Transportation team will sit on the "Map Your Route to Take Insurance Telematics Mass-Market" on September 6, 2012 - the second day of Insurance Telematics USA 2012 in Chicago, Ill.
The panel aims to discuss the technological and data challenges associated with expanding services of usage-based insurance (UBI) solutions, along with the following:
- Understand insurers' need for multiple data collection devices, including the car and smartphone, and explore multi-platform (M2M) connectivity options to ensure the UBI solution is compatible with insurers' wireless requirements.
- Outline the business model for telematics data transfer from device to aggregator to insurer to understand how a range of wireless technologies involved can reduce costs.
- Understand relationships and ownership models between OEMs and insurers, and see how vehicle information can be transferred to provide insurers with comprehensive data sets.
"Insurance telematics is going through a transition period from pure mileage-based programs to more sophisticated 'pay depending on how you drive' type programs. The recent example of Aviva trialing a smartphone-based insurance app that calculates premiums based on how the user is driving is a clear example of the move towards more complex offerings," said Frost & Sullivan Vice President of Automotive Growth Consulting Lisa Whalen. "The key to success, however, remains in the hands of all stakeholders who must create clear cost and revenue sharing business models between all involved."
Insurance Telematics USA 2012 in Chicago, Ill. on September 5 to 6 at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago, Ill. will bring together executives and thought leaders to explore the potential business models and solutions. An independently researched program and a world renowned collection of over 40 expert speakers will ensure businesses are fully prepared to cater for the 2012 insurance telematics industry.
Frost and Sullivan has also secured a special discount for this event. If you book using the discount code '2104FROST', you will save $100 off all passes. To register and see the "Map Your Route to Take Insurance Telematics Mass-Market" and all other presentations, alongside over 450 senior delegates, visit https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/register.php?utm_source=Frost%2Band%2BSullivan&utm_medium=Press%2BRelease&utm_campaign=2104Frost.
For the complete Insurance Telematics USA 2012 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/conference-event-brochure.php or contact the Telematics Update team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation team, please visit: www.automotive.frost.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – North America
SOURCE Frost & SullivanBack to top