23 Receive SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award
WARRENDALE, Pa., May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Twenty-three mobility engineering professionals either have been or will be honored with the SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award.
This award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions toward the work of the SAE Engineering Meetings Board (EMB) in the planning, development, and dissemination of technical information through technical meetings, conferences, and professional development programs or outstanding contributions to the EMB operations in facilitating or enhancing the interchanges of technical information.
Established in 1979, this award is administered by the EMB and honors the late Forest R. McFarland who was himself an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity and a member of the EMB.
Those receiving the award include:
- John D. Andrus, Retired, General Motors LLC
- Brendan J. Chan, Staff Engineer, Electronic Air Control, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, LLC
- Michael Duoba, Research Engineer, Argonne National Laboratory
- Dr. John K. Erbacher, (deceased), Major, United States Air Force, Retired
- Colin Garner, Perkins/Royal Academy of Engineering Professor of Applied Thermodynamics, Loughborough University
- Taeyoung Han, GM Technical Fellow, General Motors
- Chad William Harnish, Account Manager, dSPACE Inc.
- Kah Wah Long, Technical Specialist, Chrysler Group LLC
- Peter J. Maloney, Senior Principal Consulting Engineer, Mathworks
- Benoit Marguet, Head of ME Assy & Instl SE & Method Proc, Airbus France
- Dr. Gursaran D. Mathur, Manager, Development Engineering, CalsonicKansei North America
- Vincenzo Mulone, Assistant Professor, Depart of Industrial Engineering, University of Rome Tor Vergata
- John G. Nairus, Chief Engineer, Energy/Power/Thermal Division, United States Air Force
- Dr. Cornelius N. Opris, New Technology Manager, Large Power Systems Division, Caterpillar Inc.
- Mark N. Pope, CCA Resident Manager, GM Milford Proving Grounds, General Motors
- Timothy J. Prochnau, Technical Specialist, Navistar, Inc.
- Daniel Ryan, Manager, Government and Safety, Mazda North American Operations
- Saeed Jafari Siavoshani, Senior Research Scientist, Material Science & Engineering, The Dow Chemical Company
- Murray J. Sittsamer, President, Luminous Group LLC
- Xichen Sun, Senior Materials/Heat Treat Specialist, Materials Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC
- Arnold Taube, Project Manager, Customer & Project Support, Deere & Company
- Thomas Wallner, Principal Mechanical Engineer, Energy Systems Division, Argonne National Laboratory
- Kevin M. Zielinski, Principal/Owner, Red Cedar Media LLC
For more information about the SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award or the award winners, call 724-772-8522 or e-mail email@example.com .
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi, SAE International, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-724-772-8522
SOURCE SAE InternationalBack to top