Focus on Energy Celebrates Successful First Year with New Program Administrator
MADISON, Wis., June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities' statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, recently celebrated a successful first year with new program administrator, Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc.
Since May of 2011, Focus on Energy has expanded services and program offerings and introduced new programs for Wisconsin residents and businesses, including the following:
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®: Instant rewards to improve the building envelope of homes for energy efficiency
- Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR: Instant rewards to improve the building envelope of homes for energy efficiency for income-qualified homeowners
- Express Energy Efficiency: Free professional installation of energy-saving products for homeowners
- New Homes: Energy efficiency consultation and certification for new home construction
- ENERGY STAR Lighting: Instant discounts on ENERGY STAR® qualified lighting products in retail stores
- Appliance Recycling Program: Free appliance recycling and a cash incentive
- Residential Rewards: Cash incentives for qualifying high efficiency furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Home Heating Assistance: Cash incentives, for income-qualifying customers, for purchase and installation of energy efficient furnaces or boilers
- Multifamily Energy Savings: Energy efficiency opportunities for existing multifamily properties
- Large Energy Users: Helps energy-intensive businesses reduce energy consumption through prescriptive and custom incentives and consultation
- Business Incentive Program: Provides prescriptive and custom incentives to support installation of energy efficient technologies and systems for a wide range of businesses
- Chains and Franchises: Prescriptive and custom incentives to support installation of energy efficient technologies and systems for retailers
"Focus on Energy is committed to cost-effectively saving energy for Wisconsin residents and businesses," said William S. Haas, program director. "Through new programs, advanced management systems and enhanced customer service, we strive to provide energy and financial savings for our customers while reducing negative environmental impacts to the state."
By employing a competitive procurement process to select contractors to implement new energy efficiency programs, Focus on Energy has reduced program-related costs by approximately $6 million compared to the previous year. These savings are passed along to customers as added program incentives. In addition, Focus on Energy program implementers have boosted the local economy, opening five new offices and creating and retaining more than 90 jobs statewide.
"The effectiveness and leadership of the Focus on Energy program has improved significantly in the last year," said Focus on Energy Director Jolene Sheil. "More funds are being used for program incentives, which is resulting in greater energy savings for the state of Wisconsin."
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state's investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not be completed. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control Wisconsin's growing demand for electricity and natural gas. For more information call 800.762.7077 or visit focusonenergy.com.
Catalina Lamadrid, LEED AP, GHG IQ
Director Communications & Marketing
SOURCE Focus on EnergyBack to top