US Airways Employees Share More Than $260,000 in 'Above and Beyond' Recognition Program
TEMPE, Ariz., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A US Airways (NYSE: LCC) customer service supervisor based at New York's LaGuardia Airport is now $10,000 richer after the level of care she gave the airline's customers earned her an entry into its "Above and Beyond" drawing. The employee won a portion of the more than $260,000 that US Airways gives away each quarter to 360 employees. Nine additional employees in the first quarter also received $10,000 each for their notable acts, including two lucky employees whose dedication has landed them the $10,000 reward twice.
The "Above & Beyond" program recognizes those US Airways employees who provide exceptional service to not only the airline's customers, but to fellow employees. The program allows US Airways' most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles Silver, Platinum, Gold and Chairman's Preferred members) and its employees at the manager level and above to submit coupons recognizing employees for providing excellent customer service in the air and on the ground. All coupons received are entered in a drawing and each quarter US Airways awards:
- 10 employees $10,000 each;
- 100 employees $1,000 each; and
- 250 employees $250 each.
"These employees demonstrate what it means to provide outstanding customer service and maintain operational excellence," said US Airways' Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. "We are very pleased to recognize their efforts with these awards. Ultimately, it's about doing the right thing day in and day out."
Since launching the program in 2006, the airline has received nearly 270,000 A&B coupons and has awarded more than $6 million to more than 8,000 employees. US Airways congratulates the following first quarter $10,000 recipients:
- Charlottesville, Va. flight attendant: "Wonderful customer service!"
- Philadelphia fleet service agent: "Great job!"
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservations-sales agent: "A real asset to US Airways."
- Omaha, Neb. customer service agent: "Ever-present, professional and always upbeat."
- Philadelphia customer service agent: "Outstanding service."
- Washington, D.C.-Reagan National fleet service agent: "When we were operationally short staffed, this employee stepped up and helped set the area up for success. Thank you."
- New York-LaGuardia Airport customer service supervisor: "Thank you for your efforts and hard work, its greatly appreciated."
- Washington, D.C.-Reagan National Airport LAN support technician: "Thank you for completing an airport operations project on time and under budget."
- Phoenix reservations-service agent: "Provided a great customer experience."
- Charlotte, N.C. flight attendant: "Great job!"
About US Airways
US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,200 flights per day and serves more than 200 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America. The airline employs more than 32,000 aviation professionals worldwide, operates the world's largest fleet of Airbus aircraft and is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers its customers more than 20,500 daily flights to 1,293 airports in 190 countries. Together with its US Airways Express partners, the airline serves approximately 80 million passengers each year and operates hubs in Charlotte, N.C., Philadelphia and Phoenix, and a focus city in Washington, D.C. at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Aviation Week and Overhaul & Maintenance magazine presented US Airways with the 2012 Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of the Year Award for demonstrating outstanding achievement and innovation in the area of technical operations. US Airways was the only airline included as one of the 50 best companies to work for in the U.S. by LATINA Style magazine's 50 Report for 2010 and 2011. The airline also earned a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality index for six consecutive years. The Corporate Equality index is a leading indicator of companies' attitudes and policies toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees and customers. For more company information visit usairways.com, follow on Twitter @USAirways or at Facebook.com/USAirways. (LCCG)
-Fly With US-
SOURCE US AirwaysBack to top