Monster Offers Files For Trademark Protection With USPTO
Monster Offers™ Service Mark Will Help Protect Ownership During Planned Expansion
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Monster Offers (OTCBB: MONT), a leading Daily Deal analytics provider and aggregator, today announced it has filed for trademark protection of its service mark as it expands its products and service offerings. This move is largely proprietary since the company has been using the Monster Offers name continuously since 2007.
According to the USPTO, owning a federal trademark on the Principal Register provides several key advantages, including:
- Public notice of your claim of ownership of the mark;
- A legal presumption of your ownership of the mark and your exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration;
- The ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
- The use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries;
- The ability to record the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods;
- The right to use the federal registration symbol ®; and
- Listing in the United States Patent and Trademark Office's online databases
About Monster Offers:
Monster Offers is a leading Daily Deal analytics provider and aggregator collecting daily deals from multiple sites in local communities across the U.S. and Canada. Focused on providing innovation and utility for Daily Deal consumers and providers, the company collects and publishes thousands of daily deals and allows consumers to organize these deals by geography or product categories, or to personalize the results using keyword search. More information can be found by visiting http://www.monsteroffers.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risks associated with the management appointment described in this press release, and other risks identified in the filings by Monster Offers (MONT), with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Further information on risks faced by MONT are detailed in the Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and in its subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. These filings are or will become available on a website maintained by the Securities and Exchange Commission at http://www.sec.gov. The information contained in this press release is accurate as of the date indicated. Actual results, events or performance may differ materially. Monster Offers does not undertake any obligation to publicly release the result of any revision to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
For Monster Offers
SOURCE Monster OffersBack to top