Salesforce.com Announces Cloudforce London 2012 - The Largest Social Enterprise Event in Europe
More than 14,000 people expected to register for Cloudforce London 2012 to learn from industry leaders like Activision, Burberry, Google, HP, Kimberly-Clark, LinkedIn and O2
New co-located Cloudstock event will showcase how developers can code next generation social enterprise apps
Register now to see the social enterprise in action at more than 25 breakout sessions and across more than 100 demos in the Cloud Expo
LONDON, May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced it will host the largest social enterprise event in Europe, Cloudforce London 2012, on May 22nd at the ICC London ExCeL. More than 14,000 people are expected to register to learn how their companies can use social and mobile cloud technologies to transform into social enterprises. Cloudstock, Europe's first ever social enterprise developer event, will be co-located at Cloudforce London and allow developers to get hands-on, and start coding the next generation of social enterprise apps.
Free registration to attend in person is available at www.salesforce.com/uk/cloudforce or watch the keynote online and join the conversation with Salesforce Live! beginning at 10:00 a.m. BST at www.facebook.com/salesforce.
Immediately following the keynote, Chief Operating Officer George Hu, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Graham Smith and Co-Founder and Executive Vice President Parker Harris will host a press and analyst Q&A session at approximately 12:15 p.m. BST, which will be audiocast live at www.salesforce.com/investor.
Comment on the News
- "Response to the social enterprise has been simply stunning at every Cloudforce event around the world," said George Hu, Chief Operating Officer, salesforce.com. "And at Cloudforce London, thousands of companies from across Europe will be joining us to learn how they can use social and mobile cloud technologies to connect with their customers and employees in completely new ways."
The Social Enterprise Revolution
A social revolution is taking place today. The number of social networking users has surpassed e-mail users. Nearly a quarter of all time spent online is spent on social networks like Facebook. People access the Internet more from mobile devices than from desktops. Salesforce.com is helping companies meet the challenge of this social revolution with its social enterprise solution. Today, companies must change the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees to stay competitive. By leveraging salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies to develop customer and employee social networks, companies can transform themselves into social enterprises.
Cloudforce London 2012
Cloudforce London 2012 is the largest social enterprise event in Europe with more than 14,000 people expected to register to attend. In addition to a packed keynote, the event will feature 25 breakout sessions, innovative solutions from over 100 exhibiting partners in the Cloud Expo, and numerous customer success stories from around the world. Salesforce.com executives, partners and customers including - Activision, Burberry, Google, HP, Kimberly-Clark, LinkedIn and O2 - will demonstrate how companies can leverage employee and customer social networks to transform into social enterprises and delight customers and employees in completely new ways.
Cloudstock – Join Developers Coding the Social Enterprise
Cloudstock is Europe's first social enterprise developer event, featuring technical sessions, hands-on coding and best practices to build the next generation of social enterprise apps. Cloudstock kicks off at 1:30 p.m. BST on 22nd May with the Cloudstock Developer General Session. Developers will learn how to develop apps that are social, mobile and real time with the Salesforce Platform, which includes technologies such as Force.com, Heroku and Database.com. At the heart of Cloudstock is the Dev Zone, which offers demos, a hack lab, community talks, and more.
If you'd like to tweet about Cloudforce London 2012 or Cloudstock, here some suggested tweets to send to your followers:
- Click to Tweet: Meet the challenge of today's social revolution at #Cloudforce London. Free event on May 22. Register: http://bit.ly/ArIY5M via @salesforce
- Click to Tweet: Free developer event for mobile, social, real-time apps! #Cloudstock London, May 22nd. Register now: http://bitly.com/Hgy84p via @salesforce
- Register online for a free event pass: www.salesforce.com/uk/cloudforce
- Watch the keynote on Salesforce Live! www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- For the entire Cloudforce Social Enterprise Tour schedule go to: http://www.salesforce.com/events
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloudcomputing company that is leading the shift to the socialenterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce SalesCloud, Salesforce Data.com, Salesforce ServiceCloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku, Salesforce Radian6.
- Empower small business to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce.com offers its Siteforce products and services in Germany under the Force.com Sites trademark. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE salesforce.comBack to top