GenArts Introduces First-of-Its-Kind Web-Integrated Preset Browser with New Sapphire Edge™ v2
Award-Winning Sapphire Edge Enables Video Editors to Create Stunning Looks in Less Time
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GenArts® Inc., the global leader in specialized visual effects software for the media and advertising industries, today announced the availability of Sapphire Edge v2. This new version innovates and transforms preset look curation, enabling artists to effortlessly expand their visual effect collections to include the most relevant looks for their projects. For the first time, Sapphire Edge editors can discover a look online inside FX Central, add it to their Shortlist, and immediately access it from within their editing workflow.
"Sapphire Edge is the first product of its kind to marry the flexibility of web-based content updates with the speed and stability of a software application," says Meredith Hanrahan, Chief Marketing Officer at GenArts. "Video editors are increasingly tasked with creating unique, high-quality looks under tight deadlines, and they can't afford to invest in a visual effects tool that uses a static library of preset looks or complicated user interface—they need the freshest, best-looking, most appropriate looks at their fingertips. Sapphire Edge delivers this in one essential toolkit."
Sapphire Edge's new FX Central Preset Browser integrates GenArts' web portfolio of looks, which is updated with new collections every month, into Sapphire Edge's intuitive visual browsing workflow. Now, editors can use Sapphire Edge's continually refreshing collection of looks to achieve the perfect look for their project.
Sapphire Edge delivers the highest quality looks in an easy-to-browse visual workflow. On FX Central, editors can find inspiration for current or upcoming projects and easily Shortlist their favorite looks, which are immediately available from within their desktop application. Once in their editing workflow, video editors can navigate Sapphire Edge's easy-to-use, streamlined interface to visually browse and preview the nearly 600 looks on their actual source footage. With any number of ways to search within the FX Central Preset Browser, it's nearly impossible not to find the perfect look.
Key innovations in Sapphire Edge v2 include:
- 13 New Effects – Sapphire Edge v2 features 9 new filters — including Rays, Glare, Glint, Flashbulbs, Shake, Kaleido, SoftFocus, FlickerRemove, and Halftone— and 4 new transitions — including DissolveFlashbulbs, DissolveShake, DissolveAutoPaint, and WipeFlux
- Adobe Premiere Pro Compatibility – For the first time, Sapphire Edge is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Web-Integrated Preset Browser – Now, the FX Central Preset Browser automatically downloads new looks collections for you, so you can use new looks without leaving your editing application. You can also Shortlist a look from the FX Central site, and it will instantly appear in your FX Central Preset Browser Shortlist
- Enhanced Preset Sorting Capabilities – Filter presets based on your Shortlist, ones you've applied, what's new, characteristics and tags, or by date used. Sort presets based on their name, number or date of application, popularity, author, creation date, or custom lists
- Ability to Save Presets - Adjust a current preset or create your own from scratch
- Ability to Create Custom Lists – Organize your favorite presets by project, type of work, or however you'd like
- Auto-Tracking in LensFlare – LensFlare now automatically detects bright spots to automate movement without keyframing
- Animated Previews of Auto-Animated Effects – Preview animations of presets that do not require keyframing for movement from within the FX Central Preset Browser
Priced at $299, Sapphire Edge v2 includes 31 effects with nearly 600 artist-created and curated preset looks. New purchases include a one-year subscription to FX Central, where users can browse and Shortlist hundreds of looks to use in their projects. Every month, GenArts adds a new collection of preset looks, automatically added to your desktop application for easy access through the FX Central Preset Browser. Try Sapphire Edge v2 free now, available as a fully functional trial with no watermark for two weeks.
Established in 1996, GenArts, Inc. provides groundbreaking visual effects to motion graphic artists, compositors, and editors in post-production houses and broadcast networks globally. Recently, the company expanded capabilities to give video creators from all experience levels the tools to create an array of high-tech effects for indie productions, wedding videography, advertising, video games, films, and more. The company's visual effects product portfolio leverages the GenArts Solution™ to provide industry-leading Sapphire, intuitive videographer tool Sapphire Edge, and a diverse number of complementary Sapphire Accents. The GenArts Solution extends the technology used by customers like Framestore, The Mill, ABC, BBC, and ESPN to businesses of all sizes and budgets so they too can create high-quality visual effects. Follow GenArts on Twitter and Facebook.
SOURCE GenArts, Inc.Back to top