Kashi Introduces Four All Natural Steam Meals
Tasty Collection of Single-Serve Frozen Entrees Uses Steam to Bring Out Delicious Flavors from Real Ingredients
LA JOLLA, Calif., Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kashi, the premier natural food and lifestyle company, today announced the launch of new, all natural Kashi® Steam Meals—adding to its extensive family of frozen entrees. Available in four great-tasting flavors, including Chicken Fettuccine, Sesame Chicken, Roasted Garlic Chicken Farfalle and Spinach & Artichoke Pasta, the delicious, single-serve Steam Meals offer distinct tastes, unique ingredients and Kashi's signature Kashi Seven Whole Grain™ blend, providing at least 35g of whole grains per serving*.
"We recognize that people don't always have the time to create a meal from scratch, and they struggle to balance busy schedules with making healthful food choices," says Jeff Johnson, senior nutritionist and natural food and lifestyle expert at Kashi. "Our Steam Meals offer a nutritious and convenient solution that delivers what people love most about a homemade meal—real, quality ingredients with incredible taste—making them a meal you'll want to eat, not have to eat."
Kashi Steam Meals are available in 9.5 oz. single-serve bags and use microwave steam to heat the food in just minutes while preserving the quality of the ingredients, which allows the natural taste of each to shine through. The four flavors include:
- Kashi Chicken Fettuccine Steam Meal: Adding a nutritious spin to a classic favorite, this savory meal combines Kashi Seven Whole Grain fettuccine pasta and all natural white chicken with a variety of ingredients, such as broccoli florets, mushrooms, tomatoes and yellow zucchini. Topped with a light white wine parmesan cream sauce and a hint of zesty lemon, the dish provides 5g of fiber, 17g of protein and 43g of whole grains per serving.
- Kashi Sesame Chicken Steam Meal: Crisp edamame, carrots, roasted green beans and red peppers are paired with all natural chicken and Kashi 7 Whole Grain Pilaf and tossed in a spicy citrus sauce to create an exciting taste combination. The meal offers 8g of fiber**, 17g of protein and 35g of whole grains per serving.
- Kashi Roasted Garlic Chicken Farfalle Steam Meal: Boasting exceptional flavor reminiscent of a fine dining experience, this meal blends Kashi Seven Whole Grain farfalle—a new pasta from Kashi—with all natural chicken, crisp asparagus and spinach in a flavorful roasted garlic, tomato, red wine and basil sauce. It contains 4g of fiber***, 15g of protein and 37g of whole grains per serving.
- Kashi Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Steam Meal: As a delicious vegetarian option, this dish combines Kashi Seven Whole Grain penne pasta with a vibrant vegetable medley of artichokes, spinach, roasted red peppers and cannellini beans in a parmesan cream sauce with a hint of lemon. The meal has 8g of fiber****, 13g of protein and 41g of whole grains per serving.
Kashi Steam Meals are now available in the frozen aisle of grocers and natural food retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99. For more information, visit www.kashi.com.
* The Whole Grain Council recommends 48g of whole grains per day
** Kashi Sesame Chicken Steam Meal contains 9g of fat per serving
*** Kashi Roasted Garlic Chicken Farfalle Steam Meal contains 9g of fat per serving
**** Kashi Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Steam Meal contains 9g of fat per serving
About Kashi Company
Founded in 1984, Kashi dreams of a world where everyone embraces natural health. As a natural lifestyle pioneer, Kashi is passionate about and committed to improving the health of people and our planet. By providing great tasting, nutritious and innovative foods, Kashi enables people to achieve optimal health and wellness, while also leading them on a path toward embracing a natural lifestyle. Kashi encourages people to live their best lives through its interactive online community at Kashi.com and the Kashi REAL Tour, a lifestyle immersion program and national grassroots tour that educates people about the importance of natural foods and healthy living. The company also champions non-profit organizations working to keep real food in the minds and hands of communities across the country through the Kashi REAL Project. To learn more about 25 years of Kashi's mission, sustainable efforts, values and roots, get inspired by the Yearbook on Kashi.com.
Kashi's products are natural, minimally processed and free of highly refined sugars, artificial additives and preservatives. Kashi® brands and foods include: GOLEAN® cereals and bars; Kashi® Heart to Heart® cereal, instant oatmeal and whole grain crackers; Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs, Honey Puffs, Nuggets and Flakes cereals; Kashi® Good Friends® cereals; Kashi® Autumn Wheat®, Cinnamon Harvest®, Island Vanilla® and Strawberry Fields® (organic) cereals; Kashi® Honey Sunshine®, Berry Blossoms® and Golden Goodness™ cereals; Kashi U™ cereal; Cocoa Beach™, Mountain Medley® and Summer Berry™ granola; Kashi® Pita Crisps; Kashi® chewy and crunchy granola bars, layered granola bars, soft-baked cereal bars; Kashi® snack crackers and cookies; Kashi® all natural frozen waffles, entrees and pizzas; and Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf.
SOURCE KashiBack to top