Learn Top Secrets from Celebrity Chef Superstars Ted Allen, and Aarti Sequeira at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast
Only Three Days Left to Get a 2012 Weekend Pass for Just $100 (50% Off)
SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif., May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Whether you're a hard-core foodie or someone who just likes to rub elbows with celebrity chefs, at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast (Sept. 27-30) you'll get up close and personal and learn best-kept culinary secrets from superstars Ted Allen, Emmy® Award winner, author and host of the Food Network's "Chopped"; Aarti Sequeira, host of Food Network's "Aarti Party"; and "Top Chef Masters'" Susan Feniger and Rick Moonen of Mandalay Bay.
For just $20 you can venture beyond the tasting tent and learn how to create culinary masterpieces with these master chefs. Ticketholders for the Main Event (Saturday and/or Sunday) can access these insider seminars. If you buy a Main Event weekend pass between now and May 31, you can get it for the best price of the year -- only $100 (50 percent off).
Throughout the Main Event these and other culinary superstars, as well as luminary winemakers, brew masters, fishermen and artisanal food producers who call California's Central Coast home, will showcase their talents. Highlights include:
- Celebrity Chef Aarti Sequeira, Host of Food Network's "Aarti Party" shares her kitchen secrets, showing easy and delicious ways to enhance American favorites with simple but unique Indian influences.
- Mandalay Bay presents a special seminar with culinary legend Susan Feniger of Mandalay Bay and "Top Chef Masters," whose passion for food has propelled her into a three–decade career as a successful chef, restaurateur, cookbook author, and popular culinary TV personality. Mandalay Bay's Rick Moonen will also host a seminar, drawing from his vast experience as a leader in sustainable seafood advocate, cookbook author, contestant on "Top Chef Masters" and participant in the PBS Series, "Chef's A Field."
- Join Sunset Food Editor Margo True for insider tips on the region's famous Santa Maria BBQ grilling style. Meet the region's top Q'ers, featured in an upcoming issue of Sunset magazine, who will share their techniques.
- Hosted by Ted Allen, host of Food Network's "Chopped," and judged by new Sunset Editor-in-Chief Kitty Morgan, watch Morro Bay chefs compete in the Battle of the Bay.
- Kicking off with a demonstration, The American Lamb Board's Lamb Jam Finale features chefs from San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, and Seattle who vie for the best lamb dishes.
"We're very excited to present this incredible lineup of celebrity chefs along side our own expert editors," said Barb Newton, president, Sunset Publishing. "California's Central Coast leads so many of the food and wine trends coming out of the West. This is a unique opportunity for guests to interact with and learn from some of the country's most renowned culinary trendsetters in a glorious setting."
"With four days of culinary immersion experiences, from celebrity chef and winemaker demonstrations to gardening, goat milking, cheese making and adventure tours, Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast is the 'must taste' event for foodies this year," said Stacie Jacob, executive director of the San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference Bureau.
"Culinary travel is a popular activity, especially here in San Luis Obispo County where we produce so many incredible wines, agricultural products, farmers markets and foodie events," Jacob said. "There are many great wine and food festivals in California and the West Coast, but nothing comes close to what we offer. Our programming truly rivals the leading culinary events in the nation – all at such an affordable price."
At just $100 for the main event – if you buy in May -- with $20 for seminars and $65 for regional adventure tours, this hot ticket event tends to sell out early, so be sure to book now.
Located midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast – the premier wine and food event for the west coast -- takes place at the renowned Santa Margarita Ranch in San Luis Obispo County, home to the Paso Robles wine region. The event, organized by the San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference Bureau and Sunset, the premier guide to life in the West, also offers culinary adventure tours and great hotel deals for guests to stay and play. For more information on the event or to buy tickets, go to www.savorcentralcoast.com. For chef biographies go to www.savorcentralcoast.com/media/ .
For more information on national and regional event sponsors, go to http://savorcentralcoast.com/sponsors/. Or check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SavorCC, or Twitter: https://twitter.com/SavorCC.
SOURCE San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference BureauBack to top