Where Sweet Meets Savory At Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Kimpton Invites Guests to Go Behind The Apron with "Doubly Sweet" Hotel Package, National Sweepstakes, Online Recipes, Local Events and More
SAN FRANCISCO, May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is seeing sweet this spring with the introduction of "Sugar & Spice," the latest installment of its national Behind the Apron…Dishing with Kimpton Chefs series. In May and June, Kimpton chefs across the country will celebrate favorite savory confections that feature untraditional flavors, from Black Olive Madeleines and Salted Caramel-Ginger Macaroons to Lemon Fennel Panna Cotta. Food lovers will have access to special "Sugar & Spice" recipes, featured chef Q&A's, informative videos and more on www.kimptonhotels.com/behindtheapron. Additionally, travelers can experience the indulgence of Kimpton restaurants with a special package at participating Kimpton hotels, enter to win a private four-course dinner for eight prepared by a Kimpton chef at their home and participate in local events in Kimpton cities nationwide. Guests can spice up spring with the following Behind the Apron events and activities:
Book the "Doubly Sweet" Hotel Package
Bookable from May 1 - June 30 for stays through December 31, 2012, guests can book this package in at participating Kimpton hotels (rate code: APRON), for just $5 more than the Best Available Rate to receive:
- Two glasses of bubbly and two desserts at the Kimpton restaurant adjacent to the hotel, during their stay
- In-room list of Kimpton Chef recommendations for top local sweet spots
Enter the "Cooking Down the House" Sweepstakes
From May 1 – June 11, anyone who visits the Kimpton Website (www.kimptonhotels.com) can enter to win the "Cooking Down the House" sweepstakes, which includes:
- A four-course dinner for the winner and seven friends at their home, prepared by a Kimpton chef, which includes a custom-designed menu and thoughtfully selected wine pairings.
Meet Kimpton's "Sugar & Spice" Chefs
Featured chefs will share their secret sauce for success in the kitchen, with tips and recipes on www.kimptonhotels.com/behindtheapron, and host dedicated classes and events in their restaurants throughout May and June, including:
Pastry Chef Francis Ang, Fifth Floor, San Francisco
- Featured recipes – Black Olive Madeleines, Saffron Ice Cream, Corn Cremeux
- Opposites Attract Tasting (May 7, 6 p.m.) – Guests can learn about sweet and savory desserts with a live demonstration by Francis Ang, a Food & Wine magazine West Coast "People's Best Pastry Chef," when he will make Black Olive Madeleines with Saffron Ice Cream. Call 415-3481555 or visit: www.fifthfloorrestaurant.com to reserve.
Pastry Chef Tim Nugent, Scala's Bistro, San Francisco
- Featured recipes – Lemon Fennel Panna Cotta, Strawberry Basil Gelato and Almond Anise Biscotti
- Dessert Secrets Demonstration (June 13, 6 p.m.) – Go behind the scenes of pastry chef and Bravo TV Top Chef: Just Desserts contestant Tim Nugent's kitchen, where he'll teach guests how to make sweet and savory desserts and send them home with sweet samples. Call 415-395-8555 to reserve.
Executive Chef Derek Simcik, Atwood Cafe, Chicago
- Featured recipes – "Fig Newton" Ice Cream Sandwich, Brown Sugar Polenta Cake
- Sweet & Savory Demonstration (May 22, 4 p.m.) – Chef Simcik will challenge taste buds by thinking outside the typical recipe box during an interactive "Sweet & Savory" demonstration and tasting featuring his favorite recipes. Call 312-368-1900 to reserve.
Executive Chef Jason McClure, Sazerac, Seattle
- Featured recipes – Salted Caramel-Ginger Macaroons, Medjool Date-Rosemary Cake with Fennel Poached Pear & Sabayon
- Get Sweet on Spice Event (June 2, 1 p.m.) – Chef McClure will guide guests through the steps of making sweet and savory desserts, paired with handcrafted cocktails during this demonstration and tasting that will include custom sugar and spice gift bags to take home. Reserve online at www.sazeracrestaurant.com or call 206-624-7755.
Individuals can connect with the chefs of Kimpton's Behind the Apron campaign anytime on www.kimptonhotels.com/behindtheapron, a new culinary headquarters with details about upcoming events, videos, recipes and more. Additionally, visit www.LifeisSuite.com to check out "Journeys through Flavor," a new blog series that will profile a different chef experience or seasonal dish. To learn more about Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, visit www.Twitter.com/Kimpton and www.Facebook.com/Kimpton.
ABOUT KIMPTON HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
San Francisco-based Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, a collection of boutique hotels and chef-driven restaurants in the US, is an acknowledged industry pioneer and was the first to bring the boutique hotel concept to America. In 1981 Bill Kimpton founded the company that today is well-known for making travelers feel welcomed and comfortable while away from home through authentic and unscripted customer care, stylish ambience and embodying a certain playfulness in its approach to programs and amenities. Adjacent to the hotels are locally-loved, top-rated, Kimpton restaurants. Kimpton leads the hospitality industry in ecological practices through its innovative EarthCare program that spans all hotels and restaurants. Market Metrix, a recognized authority and leader in feedback solutions, consistently ranks Kimpton above other hotel companies in luxury and upper upscale segments for customer satisfaction. Privately held Kimpton was recognized by Fortune Magazine as a Best Company to Work for in 2012. The company operates more than 50 hotels and more than 50 restaurants in 23 cities. For more information visit www.KimptonHotels.com or call 1-800-KIMPTON.
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Stephanie Luttringhaus / 415-955-5487 / email@example.com
SOURCE Kimpton Hotels & RestaurantsBack to top