America's First Homeland Cyber Czar and Banking Executive to Help Companies Sell to Government and Financial Services in New Consultancy
Greg Garcia Launches Garcia Cyber Partners
WASHINGTON, May 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Garcia Cyber Partners (GCP) announced its formation as a business development advisory firm focused on identifying and capturing cyber government contracts and sales opportunities for related technology to government, financial services and IT customer segments.
GCP was founded by Greg Garcia, the nation's first Assistant Secretary for Cyber Security and Communications at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the former cyber security and partnership executive at Bank of America. Garcia said: "In my experience as an executive in government, financial services and IT, innovative companies frequently don't have well informed strategies for gaining visibility and traction in this complex and competitive space. GCP is committed to helping innovators secure our critical infrastructures by guiding them through that labyrinth."
Garcia added: "Security, identity management and fraud are shared challenges that require access and partnerships with key customers and alliances." Providing that service to clients is a value-added offering of GCP, as well as IT government relations and strategic communications advice to say it right to the right people.
The cyber security marketplace, in particular, attracts a confluence of unresolved public policy issues cutting across privacy and security. "This political overhang complicates decision making," Garcia said, but companies have to be sensitive to those debates and skilled at reading the tea leaves to seize opportunities early." Garcia brings to the mix a long and successful career pivoting among those national, economic and personal security imperatives.
About Garcia Cyber Partners
With a focus on developing business opportunities for banking cloud security, identity management and big data solutions to government, financial services and high technology customer segments, Garcia Cyber Partners provides:
- Business Development and Introduction Services
- Executive Access and Relationship Building
- Board of Directors and Advisory Board Membership
- Strategic Communications Counsel and Representation
- Government Affairs Strategy and Advocacy
Greg Garcia's Career Highlights
- First Presidentially-appointed Assistant Secretary for Cyber Security and Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity and Identity Management Partnership Executive at Bank of America
- High-technology trade association executive: 1992-1998
- U.S. House of Representatives Committee Staff
- Chief Lobbyist for 3Com Corporation
- Frequent commentator for press and conference circuit on high tech and cyber security policy and practice
SOURCE Garcia Cyber PartnersBack to top