Discover Spanish wines at Whole Foods Market®
Taste and tweet on March 22 and April 19
AUSTIN, Texas, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From the staccato of flamenco dancers to the roar of a soccer game, Hispanophiles delight in Spain's sights, sounds and tastes, including some of the most sought-after wines in the world. From crisp albarino to velvety tempranillo, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) will celebrate Spain's wine heritage this spring by featuring 12 stellar wines from one of the world's most exciting wine regions, all priced under $20.
With the largest grape acreage in the world, Spain is also the third largest producer of wine, following only Italy and France. Spain has enjoyed explosive growth and popularity over the past decade, and Whole Foods Market will showcase not only the diversity of Spanish wines, wineries and wine regions, but also tapas recipes and cheeses to pair with each wine.
"Spain is on fire right now," said Doug Bell, national buyer for Whole Foods Market. "Ten years ago, people thought of dusty, thin Rioja from Spain, but today, there are lesser known, fine wines from La Mancha to the Basque Country. We're excited to share these beautiful Spanish finds with our shoppers."
Wine enthusiasts are invited to learn about wines from Spain at in-store tastings and during two Twitter Tastings. Go to wholefoods.com/wines for details about the Twitter Tastings and use the hashtag #WFMwine. Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
Spanish Wines Twitter Tasting 1 – Mar. 22 at 7 p.m. CDT
- Hermanos Lurton Verdejo
- Castano Organic Monastrell
- Monte Oton Garnacha (Grenache)
Spanish Wines Twitter Tasting 2 – Apr. 19 at 7 p.m. CDT
- Castell de Raimat Albarino
- Faustino Rioja
- Mas de Leda Tempranillo
Whole Foods Market's featured Spanish wines include:
- Hermanos Lurton Verdejo from Rueda
- Castell de Raimat Albarino from Costers del Segre in Catalan
- Spartico Organic Tempranillo from Valencia
- Protos Tinto Fino from Ribera del Duero
- Faustino Rioja from Rioja
- Maximo Tempranillo from La Mancha
- Mas de Leda Tempranillo from Castilla y Leon
- La Vendimia Granacha Tempranillo from Rioja
- Cellars Can Blau Blau Carinena Garnacha-Syrah from Priorat
- Monte Oton Garnacha from Campo de Borja
- Castillo de Monseran Garnacha from Carinena
- Castano Organic Monastrell from Yecla
Note: Wine photos are available at http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/news/discover-spanish-wines-at-whole-foods-market
Ashley Hawkins, Whole Foods Market
SOURCE Whole Foods MarketBack to top