The Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) Announces 2012 Officers and New Members of the Board of Directors
Shawn Y. DeGroot, Vice President of Corporate Responsibility Regional Health Named President of HCCA
MINNEAPOLIS, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) Board of Directors voted to approve the 2012 slate of officers for HCCA during a meeting on April 28, 2012. The newly elected Executive Committee assumed office on May 1, 2012.
Shawn Y. DeGroot, CHC-F., CCEP, CHRC, Regional Health vice president of corporate responsibility will serve as president of the HCCA for a one-year term, the association announced today. Ms. DeGroot, a long time member of the HCCA, began serving on the board of directors in 2002 and has previously served on the board as vice president, second vice president, treasurer, and non-officer board member of HCCA's Executive Committee.
"The key to our rapid growth and success can be attributed to many things, however one of the most significant factors contributing to our success is the quality of our volunteers and our Board. These individuals have selflessly devoted countless hours to help compliance professionals improve their professional skills and help them implement effective compliance programs. On behalf of the membership, I also want to thank Frank Sheeder for his service as President last year and I look forward to working with Shawn DeGroot during her term," said Roy Snell, HCCA Chief Executive Officer.
Serving with Ms. DeGroot on the HCCA Executive Committee are:
- Vice President, John Falcetano, CHC-F, CIA, CCEP-F, CHRC, CHPC, chief audit/compliance officer, Vidant Health;
- Second Vice President Gabriel L. Imperato, JD, managing partner, Broad and Cassel;
- Treasurer Sara Kay Wheeler, JD, partner, attorney at law, King & Spaulding;
- Secretary Urton Anderson, PhD, CCEP, chair, department of accounting and Clark W. Thompson Jr. professor in accounting education, McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin;
- Non-Officer Member of the Board Sheryl Vacca, CHC-F, CHRC, CCEP, CHPC, senior vice president/chief compliance and audit officer, University of California;
- Immediate Past President Frank Sheeder, partner, attorney at law, DLA Piper
Newly Elected Members of the HCCA Board of Directors
The HCCA membership elected the following two individuals to serve on the HCCA Board of Directors effective May 1, 2012:
- Debi Hinson, vice president–compliance, chief compliance & privacy officer, CarePoint Partners, LLC;
- Lori Strauss, chief corporate compliance & privacy officer, University of Virginia Health System.
About the HCCA
The Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) , a non-profit professional membership organization made up of more than 7,700 health care compliance professionals, is based in Minneapolis, Minn. The organization exists to champion ethical practice and compliance standards, and to provide the necessary resources for ethics and compliance professionals and others who share these principles. Visit HCCA's Web site at www.hcca-info.org or call toll-free: 888/580-8373.
SOURCE Health Care Compliance AssociationBack to top