PRS Guitars Hits the Road with GRAND-AM Road Racing
STEVENSVILLE, Md., June 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As PRS Guitars' third straight year of partnership with GRAND-AM Road Racing continues, there are more trophies, more Guitar Center Fan Days, more Race to the Stage Auditions, and more concerts to enjoy! 2012 marks the second year that PRS is providing race winners in both classes in the Rolex Sports Car Series a fully functional PRS SE Singlecut customized with GRAND-AM and Rolex Sports Car Series logos. To support this partnership and work to connect the music and racing worlds in new and exciting ways, PRS is hitting the road for a series of Guitar Center events and race day concerts.
PRS, In Tune Monthly magazine, and Guitar Center have teamed up to host pre-race Guitar Center PRS Fan Days at three locations this summer: Indianapolis, IN, Syracuse, NY and San Jose, CA. These events will bring players unique opportunities, including free setups on their PRS guitars, meetings with product specialists from PRS's Maryland factory, in-depth product demonstrations, and the chance to check out a GRAND-AM racecar up close. During the event fans will also be able to see – and even purchase – replica PRS/GRAND-AM trophy guitars exclusively at Guitar Center.
But perhaps the most exciting element of the day will be "In Tune Race to the Stage" auditions, which give one area high school musician the opportunity to win the chance to perform live at a Rolex Series race in his/her regional track. Hosted by In Tune Monthly, the publication for music students and teachers in grades 7-12, "Race to the Stage" also awards a PRS SE guitar and SE amplifier to the winning player. Visit www.intunemonthly.com/racetothestage for more details and to register at one of the three remaining auditions.
Guitar Center Fan Days are planned throughout the summer in conjunction with race day concerts at three Rolex Series races: the Super Weekend at The Brickyard, the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International, and the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival Powered by Mazda at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Be sure to come out and enjoy the fun.
- July 14 Guitar Center PRS Fan Day Indianapolis
- July 27 Super Weekend at The Brickyard race day concert at Indianapolis Motor Speedway featuring Davy Knowles with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
SYRACUSE/WATKINS GLEN, NY
- July 21 Guitar Center PRS Fan Day Syracuse
- Aug 10 NASCAR Sprint Cup and GRAND-AM Rolex Series weekend at Watkins Glen International featuring Mike Brindisi and the New York Rock, The Rocky Mountain Stoneflies, Davy Knowles, & country sensation, and Nashville recording artist Marlee Scott with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
SAN JOSE/LAGUNA SECA, CA
- Aug 25 Guitar Center PRS Fan Day San Jose
- Sept 7 Continental Tire Sports Car Festival Powered by Mazda race day concert featuring Davy Knowles and The Rocky Mountain Stoneflies with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
About PRS Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Guitars is a leading manufacturer of high quality instruments in Stevensville, Maryland and has provided some of the world's most renowned musicians with instruments since 1985. The PRS team of highly skilled craftspeople produces over 1,000 electric guitars each month, as well as acoustic guitars and amplifiers, for worldwide distribution. In the fall of 2011 PRS introduced import SE acoustic and amplifier lines to complement their import SE line of electric guitars. Carlos Santana, Linkin Park, Orianthi, Opeth, Tim Mahoney of 311, Mark Tremonti of Creed and Alter Bridge, Ricky Skaggs, Cody Kilby, Martin Simpson, Tony McManus, Warren Haynes, and Derek Trucks are among the artists currently playing PRS instruments and/or amplifiers.
PRS Guitars Info: www.prsguitars.com
SOURCE GRAND-AM Road RacingBack to top