SAE International to Host Symposium that Delves into Impact of Shale Gas on Vehicle Development
WARRENDALE, Pa., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Shale gas exploration and development has been a hot topic in the news. The development of natural gas vehicles, both for fleets and for individual vehicles, is taking off without government subsidies and the fuel is gaining acceptance for transportation by the general public.
Following the example of other major energy companies, Shell recently announced that it will build and operate a network of at least 200 natural gas fueling stations at 100 or more TravelCenters locations on U.S. interstate highways. What impact does all this have on the development of new vehicles?
A new SAE International symposium will explore that topic.
The SAE 2012 Shale Gas Impact on Vehicle Development Symposium will focus on the impact of natural gas vehicle adoption, shale exploration and natural gas Infrastructure on bi-fuel vehicle production. Co-sponsored by SAE International and energy industry publisher Hart Energy, the event will be held August 28, 2012, at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh.
Those who attend this conference will:
- Gain an understanding of energy policy as it relates to natural gas exploration/CNG.
- Learn about infrastructure developments and the expansion of fueling stations and what this means for the energy and automotive sectors.
- Understand the impact of shale exploration and natural gas infrastructure.
- Learn about the market for NGVs in U.S. truck fleets as well as the heavy duty and passenger car sectors. What are the projections for NGV demand in the future?
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment pertaining to natural gas exploration and what it means for the energy and automotive sectors.
Speakers scheduled to appear include:
- Kent Wilkinson, VP of Natural Gas Ventures, Chesapeake Energy
- Joyce Mattman – Director of Commercial Product and Specialty Vehicles, General Motors
- Roe East, General Manager- On Highway Natural Gas Business, Cummins, Inc.
- Peggy Williams, Editorial Director, Hart Energy
- Jeffrey Clarke, General Counsel and Director of Regulatory Affairs, Natural Gas Vehicles For America (NGVAmerica)
- John W. Carroll, Attorney at Law, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Caley Johnson, Transportation Market Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE InternationalBack to top