ClubCorp Reinvents the Private Club
Adding More Style, Technology and Fun to Appeal to Families and Improve Business Networking
DALLAS, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ClubCorp, The World Leader in Private Clubs, is changing the face of private clubs, with multi-million dollar investments to enhance clubs in the ClubCorp family with contemporary, stylish looks and amenities as well as more high-tech features. In conjunction with the renovations, ClubCorp is providing more family friendly activities and youth programming at country clubs, while business clubs are offering more networking activities and membership opportunities for young executives and women – geared towards the next generation of private club members.
"These renovations and reinventions are in step with the lives of members today – they are busy and multi-tasking throughout the day but still want to spend time with their family and friends," said Jamie Walters, ClubCorp executive vice president, sales and marketing. "Our goal with these reinventions is to make clubs more relevant in their communities and provide more value to members and we have seen very positive results to date."
"We are really looking toward the future with these reinventions and are investing capital at a time when other companies are scaling back or keeping cash on the balance sheet," said Eric Affeldt, ClubCorp president and CEO. "ClubCorp has been carefully navigating the financial crisis with continued capital improvements and renovation efforts across the network."
Upcoming renovation projects include Center Club in Costa Mesa, California; The Hills of Lakeway in Austin, Texas; Kingwood Country Club in Kingwood, Texas; Timarron Country Club in Southlake, Texas; The Tower Club Tysons Corner in Vienna, Virginia; and Trophy Club Country Club in Trophy Club, Texas and Columbia Tower Club in Seattle – a project which will include many of the below improvements plus barista coffee service, an enomatic wine dispenser that will allow members to sip their favorite wine by the glass, wine lockers, and a shuffleboard.
While projects vary from club to club, many of the improvements and additions include:
- Stylish and contemporary reception areas and lounges
- Anytime Lounge and theater-style Multi-media Rooms that include large flat-screened televisions where members can relax, watch their favorite sporting events and films, and have fun
- Touchdown Rooms – intimate technology-equipped conference rooms optimal for private phone calls or catching up on work or email
- Expanded outdoor terraces and patios featuring cabana seating and fire bars – the perfect setting to dine or lounge with friends while enjoying cocktails
- Communal tables featuring integrated iPads and charging stations ideal for business meetings or just recharging members personal electronic devices
- Family fun water features including slides, splash pads, cabanas and more
Dallas-based ClubCorp is The World Leader in Private Clubs®. Since its founding in 1957, ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching the Lives® of its members. ClubCorp owns or operates a network of more than 150 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 24 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 350,000 members, with approximately 14,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); Capital Club Beijing; and Metropolitan Club Chicago. You can find ClubCorp on Facebook at facebook.com/clubcorp and on Twitter at @ClubCorp.
SOURCE ClubCorpBack to top