BlogWorld 2012 Rocks New York With A Dynamic Line Up Of Keynote Speakers
~ Top Bloggers, Executives and Entertainers Converge at the World's Largest New Media Event, June 5-7 at the Jacob Javits Center
NEW YORK, May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The largest new media event in the world, BlogWorld & New Media Expo, is taking New York City by storm this June 5-7 at the Jacob Javits Center, with an amazing line up of keynote speakers. Top bloggers, entertainers and executives converge upon New York City to inform and entertain audiences about the future of online content, community and commerce.
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
Tuesday, June 5 at 5:00 p.m. (Opening Night Keynote)
The History & Future Of Modern Media Makers. Join renowned entrepreneur and business history expert Gary Hoover (founder of hoovers.com, hooversworld.com) kick off the opening night keynote with a must-see presentation discussing the makers of modern media. He will focus on media pioneers Bill Paley and Henry Luce and how they both changed the heavily influenced media forever, back in the 1950's.
Following Gary's talk will be a leap into the future with an interview conducted by none other than Robert Scoble (Scobelizer, Rackspace). Robert will be talking with Deanna Brown (CEO, Federated Media) and Paul Kontonis (Chairman and Founder, IAWTV) about the future of modern media. They will discuss several individuals they see as revolutionizing media as we know it, similarly to the ways Paley and Luce did. This session will cover people who are creating the future of media, disruptors, those creating new media networks and distribution channels that did not exist up until a few years ago.
- Gary Hoover, Entrepreneur, Founder of Hooversworld – Gary Hoover studied economics at the University of Chicago under three Nobel Prize winners, then worked on Wall Street and in retailing. He created pioneering book superstore BOOKSTOP, which was sold to Barnes & Noble for $41.5 Million. Gary then founded the company that became Hoovers.com, the company information website. In 2009-2010, Gary served as Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas in Austin. He's been a student of business history for 50 years, and speaks often on the lessons to be learned.
- Deanna Brown, CEO, Federated Media – Brown is the CEO of Federated Media, the largest network of digital content that creates conversational marketing programs for brands and powers the best of the Independent Web. Prior to joining FM she served as President at Scripps Networks Digital and before that she co-founded CondeNet, the digital division of publisher CondeNast. She has also held VP and General Manager titles at Yahoo and AOL, and founded other successful media companies including Powerful Media/Inside.com and Gaming Industry News.
- Paul Kontonis, Chairman and Founding Member of the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) – Kontonis is Chairman and a founding member of IAWTV, a nonprofit organization comprised of leaders in the field of web television, web video, and the digital entertainment industries. He is also the VP, Group Director of Brand Content at The Third Act, Digitas' brand entity who has executive produced over 25 web series including successful online branded entertainment for Warner Bros, Armor All, Experian, Holiday Inn Express, Phillips Van Heusen, and IZOD IndyCar.
- Robert Scoble, Blogger, Technical Evangelist, Author – Scoble is best known for his blog, Scobleizer, which came to prominence during his tenure as a technology evangelist at Microsoft. He currently works for Rackspace. He previously worked for Fast Company as a video blogger and is also co-author of Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers with Shel Israel.
Wednesday, June 6 at 5:00 p.m. (Day 2 Keynote)
Power Up Your Blog: Lessons Learned Over 11 Years of Blogging
- Chris Brogan, President, Human Business Works – Chris Brogan started blogging in 1998, when it was called journaling. Since then, he has gone on to write a blog that is in the top 5 of the Advertising Age Power150 and that receives over 200,000 unique visitors a month. Learn how to write more frequently, how to put together blog topics, how to improve your actual blogging platform, and several other tips gleaned after a decade+ of blogging experience.
Thursday, June 7 at 5:00 p.m. (Closing Night Keynote)
New Media LIVE! After a few energetic days soaking up the latest in innovative content creation, new media tech tips and social media strategies, it's time for attendees to kick back, cut loose and enjoy the entertainment-focused "New Media LIVE!" Talk Show panel that has become a favorite tradition at BlogWorld. Stars from the Web share their stories and secrets to success in Web Video, YouTube, Web TV and Video Podcasting in an irreverent, humorous, entertaining, insightful and edgy way.
- Mark Malkoff, Comedian, Filmmaker, My Damn Channel, (Host of this edition of "New Media LIVE!" at BlogWorld) – Mark Malkoff is a comedian/filmmaker who currently does videos for My Damn Channel.com. Mark is best known for his video series in which he lived and slept in an IKEA store for an entire week. He also did a popular video in which he visited and consumed purchases at all 171 Starbucks locations in Manhattan in less than 24 hours. In "Apple Store Challenge" Mark brought a goat into the Apple Store to illustrate that they would allow customers to do practically anything.
- David Thorne, Humorist, Author, Developer, Owner, 27bslash6 – David works in the design and branding industry, as he is too lazy and easily distracted to get a real job. Amongst the multitude of his qualities, which include reciting prime numbers backwards from 909526, reading to deaf children and training guide cats, embellishment may be at the top. He has worked as a graphic designer, copywriter, branding consultant and design director and describes working in the design industry as "the most uncreative experience of my life."
- Matt Sloan, Director, Blame Society – Matt is the co-creator of "Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager" and co-owner of Blame Society Films. He is also the voice of Darth Vader for LucasArts, providing the voice for video games (The Force Unleashed I and II, Kinect Star Wars), television (Deal or No Deal, Lego Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back) and commercials (Star Tours, Legoland).
- Aaron Yonda, Director, Chad Vader – Matt Sloan is the co-creator of the series "Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager" which has over 100 million views online. BlameSocietyFilms' Youtube channel has over 200,000 subscribers. Chad Vader has won over a dozen film festival awards, including the "George Lucas Selects" award from the 2007 Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge.
- Jennifer Lawson, Czar, Bloggess Ventures – Jenny is a columnist and blogger. Her humor blog, "The Blogess", is extremely popular with intellectual misfits. She's been a contributor to the online Houston Chronicle since 2006 and also writes an irreverent advice column, and a satirical sex column. Her latest book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir, was published by Penguin in April.
- Jordan Cooper, CEO, Blenderhead Media – Jordan Cooper has been a professional stand-up comedian for 15 years touring comedy clubs and colleges across the country. A life-long entrepreneur with a background in web development, he currently operates a video game strategy guide business, teaches comedy classes, promotes live stand-up events and helps local small businesses on improving their web presence – all of which, of course, he predominantly markets through online channels.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is sponsored by .ME, Stitcher Radio, Social Chorus, WordPress, Overblog, Stickam, Simul TV, Social Moms, SEOMoz, engag.io, Mobile Roadie, SAG/AFTRA, Mobile Libris, Social Radius, YouSayToo, GeekBeatTV, MyDamnChannel, PR Newswire, NewTek, TechZulu and more.
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees representing 50 countries learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and leading-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV content creators, Social Influencers, New Media Pros and Online Journalists. In the New Media Expo, attendees converge on the only comprehensive new media tradeshow to network, find solutions and make important new media strategy, service and product purchase decisions.
Social Media Business Summit, presented exclusively at BlogWorld, is the world's premier social media business conference for business owners, marketing executives and online entrepreneurs. Attendees will learn how to effectively use social media to reach new customers, build communities around their brands and grow their businesses online with best strategies and social media practices.
Katalyst Public Relations
SOURCE BlogWorldBack to top