Local Deals Trend as Top Gifts for Mothers Day
Mother's Day shoppers seek out tips for finding the best value and savings on local activities and services that include cash back via FatWallet.com.
BELOIT, Wis., April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, where millions of online deal hunters go to stack coupons with cash back, presents exclusive Mother's Day savings with their annual Mother's Day deals and Cash Back sale. Major retailers participate with May sales and savings covering a variety of traditional categories worthy of things moms want or need, including clothing, shoes, flowers, jewelry and items for the home and kitchen, as well as tech items like tablets, laptops and smartphones. Starting April 28 through May 10, FatWallet's Mother's Day promotion offers online shoppers 2 weeks of increased cash back savings from dozens of top retailers, including Teleflora, 1800Flowers, American Eagle, T-Mobile, Blue Nile and Sears. Smart shoppers will stack cash back with other retail offers to maximize savings.
Mother's Day spending continues to grow into one of the top 4 seasonal shopping events (gift buying increased more than 40% since 2010*). "Recent research shows that moms are increasingly in favor of gifts that allow them a stress-free day via spa, dinner or other local activities spent with family," stated Brent Shelton, FatWallet Online Shopping Expert. "Mother's Day shoppers can find deep discounts from local businesses working with online local deals sites, while adding cash back for even more savings."
5 smart tips to save more on local gifts for mom:
- Buy local deals for Food and Drink: from brunch to dinner, wine tastings, brewery tours and other restaurant coupons, FatWallet's Local Deals and Hot Deals forum offer shoppers an opportunity to purchase vouchers worth 50% or more on these items all year long, but especially during early May.
- Travel and BnB: Saving as much as half the cost for weekend getaways to resorts, waterparks, museums, amusement parks and casinos are a trendy Mother's Day gift. Timely travel deals offering as much as 10% cash back from more than 100 online travel sites can add significant savings.
- Beauty and Spas: Massages, day spa deals, manicures, pedicures, facials and haircare purchased at regional businesses via local deals sites like Living Social, amazon Local and Plum District offer an affordable gift for moms, including cash back.
- Classes and Events: Adventurous moms like to get out of the house. Gifts for dancing classes, golf lessons, skydiving, yoga, gym membership, concerts, comedy shows and other local activities see discounts of 40% or more when sourced through local deal merchants.
- Home and Auto Services: Many local deals sites offer cleaning services, making for a great discounted gift for moms that could use a breather from constantly tidying up. Look for huge savings up to 80% off from local businesses offering carpet cleaning, house cleaning, vent cleaning, car detailing and auto maintenance packages.
*According to retail sales reported from Mother's Day shopping trips made through FatWallet.com in the month of May.
About FatWallet: The one-stop shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com publishes thousands of current store discounts and coupon codes that stack with Cash Back rewards from 1,700 online retailers, including Kohl's, Amazon, Walmart, and Ebay. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. The new FatWallet Express is the "easy button" for online shoppers to assure cash back on every purchase, and FatWallet Deal Hunter app helps mobile shoppers compare thousands of current deals on-the-go.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/local-deals-trend-as-top-gifts-for-mothers-day-300072754.html
SOURCE FatWalletBack to top