The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) Announces Excellence Award Winners
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) announced and gave certificates to winners of its 2011 Excellence Awards program. The 2012 Calls for Entries are due February 17, 2012.
SCUP Excellence in Planning for New Campus
- Honor Award to Singapore University of Technology and Design for the Campus Master Plan with Sasaki Associates, Inc.; MKPL; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Max Fordham Partnership; Sitetectonix.
SCUP Excellence in Planning for a District or Campus Component
- Honor Award to Brandeis University for the Carl J. Shapiro Science Center with Payette; John Moriarty & Associates; Buro Happold Consulting Engineers; Simpson Gumpertz and Heger; Nitsch Engineering.
- Merit Award to Cabrillo College for the Visual and Performing Arts Village with HGA Architects and Engineers; Auerback Pollock Friedlander; Arup Acoustics; Bogard+Kitchell.
SCUP Excellence in Planning for an Established Campus
- Honor Award to University of California, Merced for the 2009 Long Range Development Plan with RACESTUDIO; Plescia & Co.; Impact Sciences; Cliff Lowe Associates, Stantec Engineering; Business Place Strategies; Fehr & Peers Associates.
- Merit Award to Vermont Law School for the Framework Plan with Sasaki Associates, Inc.
SCUP Excellence in Landscape Architecture
- Special Citation to University of Virginia for The Dell with Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects; Biohabitats of Maryland; Biohabitats of Virginia; PHR&A.
SCUP/AIA-CAE Excellence in Architecture for a New Building
- Honor Award to Brown University for the Granoff Center for the Creative Arts with Diller Scofidio + Renfro; Robert Silman Associates; Jaffe Holden Acoustics/AV; Fisher Dachs Associates; Atelieri Sebor Wieber; Nitsch Engineering; GXZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.; Atelier; Todd Rader + Amy Crews; Tillotson Design Associates; Simpson Gumpertz & Heger; Pentagram and Malcolm Grear; Shawmut Design and Construction.
- Honor Award to Oberlin College for The Bertram and Judith Kohl Building with The Krill Co., Inc.; Westlake Reed Leskosky.
- Merit Award to Columbia University for the Northwest Corner Building with Aedas; Rafael Moneo; Moneo Brock Studio; Arup; Turner Construction; R.A. Heintges & Associates; Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers; Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin; Langan Engineering & Environmental Services; Fisher Marantz Stone; Wolf and Company.
- Merit Award to University of California, San Francisco for the Ray and Dagmar Dolby Regeneration Medicine Building with Rafael Vinoly Architects; SmithGroup; DPR Construction; GPR Planners Collaborative; ACCO Engineered Systems, Inc.; Gayner Engineers; Cupertino Electric, Inc.; Cammisa and Wipf; Forell/Elsesser Engineers, Inc.; Nabih Youssef Associates; Creegan & D'Angelo; Sandis; Carducci & Associates, Inc.; CMG Landscape Architecture; Nova Partners, Inc.; Glumac.
- Merit Award to University of California, San Diego for the Rita Atkinson Residences with Valerio Dewalt Train Associates; Webcor Builders.
- Special Citation to City University of New York, Medgar Evers College for the School of Science, Health and Technology Building with Ennead Architects; Leslie E. Robertson Associates; Lakhani & Jordan Engineers; Harvey Marshall Berling Associates; Wolf and Company; R.A.Heintges; Construction Specifications, Inc.; Poulin + Morris; Thomas Balsley Associates; Brandston Partnership, Inc.; Leonard Strandberg & Associates; Jacobs Consultancy; Pillori Associates, P.A.; Romano Gatland; Iros Elevator Design Services, Inc.
SCUP/AIA-CAE Excellence in Architecture Addition or Renovation
- Merit Award to University of Pennsylvania for The Music Building with Ann Beha Architects; Daniel J. Keating Company; Keast & Hood Co.; AHA Consulting Engineers; Stephen Stimson Associates; Hunt Engineering Company; Kirkegaard Associates; Building Conservation Associates; Ripman Lighting Consultants; Kalin Associates Inc.; Wojcieshowski Design; The McGee Company.
- Special Citation to University of Minnesota, Duluth for the James I Swenson Civil Engineering Building with Ross Barney Architects; SJA Architects; Oslund and Associates; MSA Professional Services; MBJ Inc.; Dunham; Hallberg Engineering; Stahl Construction.
SCUP/AIA-CAE Excellence in Architecture for Restoration or Preservation
- Honor Award to Johns Hopkins University for the Gilman Hall Restoration with Kliment Halsband Architects; Robert Silman Associates; James Posey Associates; Mahan Rykiel Associates; Tillotson Design Associates; Schlaich Bergermann and Partner.
- Merit Award to Duke University for the East Campus Steam Plant with SmithGroup; RMF Engineering; Lappas + Havener, PA; Balfour Beatty Construction.
SCUP provides knowledge and resources on integrated planning for higher education, with a particular focus on academic, strategic, fiscal, facilities and infrastructural planning. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, the society will hold its next annual, international conference in Chicago, IL, July 7-11, 2012. Visit www.scup.org.
SOURCE Society for College and University PlanningBack to top