Earth Day Activities From Your Cricket Mobile Phone
~Recycle Old Stuff, Build Your Cash or Karma Reserves and Find Friends in the Process
SAN DIEGO, April 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Can mobile technology enhance your Earth Day experience and enable sustainable, environmentally safe activities? Cricket Communications, a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services, plus mobile music downloads, highlights six Android apps that do just that. These apps provide a fun and environmentally conscious way to discover nearby recycling locations, online buyers for your old shoes or interactive tools that help you reduce your carbon footprint.
Cricket's Earth Day App Guide:
- Paper Karma helps get rid of junk mail and save the Earth - all from your phone! As seen on TechCrunch, AllThingsD, LifeHacker, GeekWire, NBC, CBS. PaperKarma is the easy way to take control of your paper junk mail and help save the Earth by taking photos! Simply pull out your phone and snap photos of the offending mail. Download Paper Karma for free online at Google play.
- The Official eBay for Android app enables you to easily browse, shop, sell and manage your eBay activity from your mobile phone. Using eBay while you are on the go is a fast and easy way to repurpose those amazing shoes you never wear and make a little cash with this must-have app for Android! Download the eBay app for free online at Google play.
- iRecycle, you Recycle? iRecycle! Get 1,000,000+ ways to reduce your waste & find top green news. iRecycle is a simple way to discover recycling locations in your neighborhood from your mobile phone and offer more than 1 million ways to recycle 300 materials, plus the latest in green news to inform your ongoing Earth Day activities. Download iRecycle at Google play for free.
- My Planet is an interactive way to understand how day-to-day activities impact your little slice of the planet. This app is gamified and social media enabled so you can earn badges and share your achievements on Facebook. Download My Planet at Google play for free.
- Stumble Upon is a creative way to discover new and interesting people, news, pictures, videos and news from across the Web from people who share your interests. With your environmentally focused preferences, your search will automatically find people who share your interests. It's as easy as tapping the "Stumble!" button. Download Stumble Upon for free at Google play.
- Google Earth is an app that allows you to explore the world from the palm of your hand. Use Google Earth to fly around the planet with the swipe of a finger. Explore distant lands or reacquaint yourself with your childhood home. Download Google Earth for free at Google play.
Cricket's Android Mobile Lineup:
- ZTE Score is an affordable Android smartphone that includes features like Wi-Fi capability, XT9 Trace for easy text entry, and is pre-bundled with Muve Music.
- Huawei Ascend II comes packed with a 3.5" HVGA touch-screen, Wi-Fi capability, 600MHz processor and Android 2.3 Gingerbread. This smartphone delivers 3G Real Web Browsing, Muve Music is preloaded and there is extra card space for MP3 music.
- Samsung Vitality's fast 800 MHz processor, 3.5" HVGA touch-screen and easy access to social networks is designed for an interactive experience. Samsung Vitality is loaded with a 3.2MP camera/camcorder, Wi-Fi capability, 3G Real Web Browsing, and Muve Music.
- Huawei Mercury offers a massive 4" display and is powered by an ultrafast 1.4 GHz processor. Added features like the 8.0MP rear camera, VGA front camera and an Android 2.3 OS, named by PC Magazine as the best pre-paid smartphone in America, and is now bundled with Muve Music.
For more information about Cricket's dynamic mobile device lineup, please visit www.mycricket.com. To get the latest in mobile and wireless news, be sure to follow Cricket's Facebook page online at www.facebook.com/cricketwireless and Twitter at www.twitter.com/cricketnation.
Cricket is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts serving more than 5.9 million customers. Cricket offers wireless voice and mobile data services over the latest, high-quality, all-digital 4G (LTE) and 3G CDMA wireless networks. In 2011, Cricket launched its award-winning Muve Music product, the first music service designed for a wireless phone that now has more than 500,000 customers. Cricket's innovative products and services are available at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com. For more information about Cricket, please visit www.mycricket.com. To follow Cricket's latest news and updates online, go to Facebook at www.facebook.com/cricketwireless and Twitter at www.twitter.com/cricketnation.
SOURCE Cricket CommunicationsBack to top