Van's Summer Treats Offers Ways to Encourage Healthier Summer Eating
Better-for-you summer breakfast, snack and dessert recipes are fun and kid-friendly
VERNON, Calif., June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Van's Natural Foods, the market leader in delicious, better-for-you frozen breakfast foods, shares some new takes on summer food favorites to offer healthier ways to beat the heat this summer - and stave off cries of "Mom, I'm bored."
Whether parents are looking for delicious ideas for providing a new breakfast boost or easy, kid-friendly recipes for family fun, Van's offers tasty choices that combine Van's natural goodness with some of the season's best offerings. Van's summer breakfast favorites include:
- Summer Berry Waffle Sandwich: Build-your-own breakfast using Van's Waffles, whipped cream cheese and your favorite summertime fresh fruits.
- Peach Blueberry Waffle Stack: Van's Waffles layered with peaches, blueberries and nonfat Greek yogurt make a filling breakfast.
- Sunshine Pancakes: Van's Pancakes radiate summer fun with a happy face and sunshine rays made from fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Van's also has new ideas for summer snacks or desserts that kids can make for themselves, including better-for-you versions of:
- Strawberry Shortcake: This treat is still tempting made with Van's Honey Wheat English Muffins, fresh strawberries, nonfat Greek yogurt, and honey or agave nectar.
- Ice Cream Mini Wafflewiches: Always a hit with the under-10 crowd, these provide the perfect dessert portion size by using Van's Mini Waffles and a scoop of a favorite ice cream flavor in between.
"We know what a challenge it can be to entertain kids during the long summer months - and how hard it is to compete for their attention with so many tempting treats available," said Van's Director of Marketing Sarah Meis. "We've developed these recipes as a way to bring a little fun and creativity to summer breakfast and desserts, and to inspire families to think of their own healthier ways to eat this summer."
For complete recipes, photos and more information on Van's summer recipes, please click here.
Van's Natural Foods, based in Southern California, is the market leader in gluten-free and allergy-friendly, natural and organic frozen breakfast foods including waffles, pancakes, English muffins, muffin crowns and French toast sticks. Available at grocery stores and natural retailers nationwide, Van's product lines include Power Grains Protein Waffles, 8 Whole Grains, Wheat/Gluten Free, Lite, Minis and Belgian waffles. For more information, please visit www.vansfoods.com.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
SOURCE Van's Natural FoodsBack to top