Kbuuk announces competition for self-published authors
Kbuuk, a comprehensive self-publishing platform, is offering independent authors the opportunity to win value-added services and an iPad.
HOUSTON, June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Kbuuk, LLC an up-and-coming player in the online self-publishing market announced June 1, 2012 to existing account holders they are hosting a social writing competition for independent authors. Any works published on the Kbuuk platform during the month of June will automatically be entered to win fantastic prizes. With two weeks left to publish a work, the competition is designed to encourage social engagement between authors and readers via their existing social networking channels. Please visit Kbuuk's promotional page to read the complete contest rules and guidelines http://kbuuk.com/promotion.
The Kbuuk platform offers a simple 5-step publishing process which includes an instant .docx to ePub conversion tool. Authors also have access to an author portal for easy management of sales and reader interaction data and linking into social media channels.
"We believe that the written word influences the ideas, beliefs, and value systems of a culture, and a book is simply a means of communicating ideas. We strongly feel that there should be as few barriers to the transmission of ideas as possible," said Dougal Cameron, COO of Kbuuk.
Authors who upload their works have the chance to win the following prizes:
One GRAND PRIZE winner will receive over $2000 in prizes:
- A 16 GB new iPad (WiFi & color of choice)
- A customized marketing plan from business professionals (For the winning entry or to be redeemed in one year. Valued at $1200)
- Professionally designed custom cover art with two chances for revision (For the winning entry or to be redeemed within one year. Valued at $500)
- An in-depth Review (For the winning entry)
- Top Featured Author for 1 full week on the Kbuuk site (For the winning entry)
- Social mentions through the Kbuuk social media channels (For the winning entry)
ONE winner from each CATEGORY will receive:
- Custom Cover Art
- A Mini Marketing Plan (valued at $350)
- Be a featured author for 48 hours on the Kbuuk site
- A review of work or editing services
Founded in 2011, Kbuuk's mission is to break down the barriers of traditional publishing by empowering independent authors to publish ebooks quickly and conveniently. Equipped with a suite of powerful and intuitive tools, authors can also engage readers and track sales to refine products and strategy. Anyone can create a Kbuuk account and find the support once only reserved for writers who could get past the gatekeepers of the publishing industry. Kbuuk is a privately held company headquartered in Houston, TX. For more information on Kbuuk, please visit http://kbuuk.com/about/media.
SOURCE Kbuuk, LLCBack to top