A Wireless to Offer NQ Mobile Guard in More Than 125 Verizon Premium Wireless Retail Locations Throughout the US
New collaboration will enable A Wireless to provide complete security and privacy protection to Verizon Wireless Android customers
BEIJING and DALLAS, May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today announced that A Wireless will offer NQ Mobile Guard at more than 125 retail locations across the United States.
A Wireless is one of six National Exclusive Premium Retailers for Verizon Wireless, employing over 600 wireless experts at over 125 locations. A Wireless will offer their customers NQ Mobile's award-winning mobile security protection for their Android devices. Customers will be able to purchase an NQ Mobile Guard retail card at all A Wireless retail locations throughout the United States.
NQ Mobile Guard utilizes NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution, which is used by over 172 million users in 150 countries and has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats.
"As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, NQ Mobile is pleased to announce our alliance with A Wireless," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "Retailers such as A Wireless are essential collaborators in our efforts to protect mobile users throughout the U.S. By informing and educating wireless users around the clear benefits of NQ Mobile Guard, A Wireless will be able to provide their customers with the best real-time security solution for protecting their vital mobile information."
"At A Wireless, it's our mission to provide every customer with the convenience of superior wireless service coupled with an advanced product line and an unparalleled customer service experience," said A Wireless CEO Rich Balot. "By offering our customers NQ Mobile Guard, we are ensuring our commitment to providing Android users with the best possible mobile experience available."
As a result of NQ Mobile's collaboration with Brightstar, NQ Mobile Guard will be available to A Wireless customers either as a standalone product or bundled with device protection from eSecuritel, a Brightstar company.
With features that include GPS-based anti-loss/theft, backup and restore tools for your contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, customers can keep their mobile information safe and secure.
NQ Mobile Guard Features:
- Fights malware, including spyware, phishing, viruses, Trojans and more. You're protected from the latest threats with our virus updates.
- Scans every app you download in real-time, and uninstalls malicious apps to protect against hacking and phishing.
- Shows your smartphone's security status and delivers anti-virus alerts with the click of a button.
- Password-protects your confidential messages and call logs. Once a contact is added to your private folder, all messages and call logs to and from that number will be automatically hidden and protected.
- Hides your private contacts and messages folder from your home screen.
- Monitors apps that access your private data.
- Allows you to safely browse the Internet without worrying about phishing, fraudulent sites or malware.
- Protects your personal and financial data with anti-hacking and anti-eavesdropping features.
- Remotely alarms and locates your phone when you report it missing from a remote device.
- Allows you to remotely lock or delete information from a lost or stolen phone. Your data remains safe, even if your device is gone for good.
Backup and Restore
- Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can remotely access them, anytime, anywhere.
Device Management and System Optimization
- Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Provides real-time updates on data usage.
- Monitors data traffic consumed by your apps.
- Tells you when you've reached your maximum data usage. You'll never have to worry about exceeding your plan's limits.
- Closes apps that run in the background without your knowledge, ensuring your smartphone runs at top speed.
NQ Mobile Guard can be downloaded directly from Google Play. Activation is provided through a license code purchased at any of A Wireless's retail outlets.
NQ Mobile also offers several award-winning security solutions, directly to consumers, including NQ Mobile Security and NQ Mobile Vault.
About A Wireless
A Wireless, one of only six National Exclusive Premium Retailers for Verizon Wireless, provides the best possible customer experience, products, and services in the wireless industry with friendliness, integrity, and accountability. Founded in 1996, A Wireless is a privately held company headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina. A Wireless currently employs over 600 wireless experts at over 125 locations in twelve states. For more information, please visit http://www.myawireless.com, or call (888) 505-4222.
Since 2001, eSecuritel has provided wireless carriers, dealers and resellers with highly customizable cell phone protection and replacement programs that deliver an unparalleled customer experience to program subscribers. eSecuritel offers phone protection for new, used, or prepaid wireless devices against loss, theft and accidental damage as well as mechanical/electronic failure and malfunction. It also has replacement programs to cover every stage of the handset life cycle, including buyer's remorse, manufacturer's warranty, handset protection programs, out-of-warranty and retention programs. eSecuritel is a Brightstar company. For more information, please visit www.esecuritel.com.
About Brightstar Corp.
Brightstar is the world's largest specialized wireless distributor and a leading global services company focused on enhancing the performance and profitability of the key participants in the wireless device value chain. The company supports over 80,000 points of sale worldwide with operations in 51 countries and territories and provides a comprehensive range of more than 100 customized services for value-added distribution, supply chain optimization, retail, IT VARs mobility, and consumers. Brightstar's services help customers manage the growing complexity of the wireless device value chain and enable them to increase product availability, expand their channel reach and drive supply chain efficiencies by getting the right products to the right place at the right time for the best value. For more information, please visit http://www.brightstarcorp.com.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 172 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NetQin Mobile Inc.Back to top