Innovation From Verizon On Display At CTIA Wireless 2012
NEW ORLEANS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J., May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovation from Verizon is on display at CTIA Wireless 2012, beginning today in New Orleans.
Verizon's showcase (Morial Convention Center, Hall G) will feature products created or developed at the company's LTE Innovation Center in Waltham, Mass. Part of Verizon's Innovation Program, the Innovation Center brings together companies to rapidly prototype and deliver market-ready solutions that leverage 4G LTE technology. The Center was recently honored as a World Class Briefing Center by the Association of Briefing Professional Managers.
"Verizon's Innovation Program was established to mine the value of 4G LTE technology and to create solutions that make businesses more efficient or solve problems for consumers," said Jim Wales, executive director of Verizon's Innovation Program. "The products we have at CTIA are real examples of what happens when companies come together to work on innovative ideas."
The solutions featured in the Verizon booth include:
Verizon's DNA Wall
- A nine-screen, multi-touch-enabled interactive wall that brings Verizon's devices, networks and apps to life in a highly-responsive infrared, physics-driven experience.
InTouch RP-Xpress: Mobile Patient Monitoring
- Through a combination of active patient monitoring and live video consultation, Verizon 4G LTE enables RP-Xpress to bring portability and flexibility to key areas of healthcare, inside a hospital or on the go.
Kopin Golden-I Wireless Headset
- The Kopin Golden-I Wireless Headset is a lightweight, head-mounted computer that revolutionizes the way users interact with their virtually enhanced surroundings, all using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
Manley Solutions AirSense: Air Quality Monitor
- Manley Solutions' AirSense and the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network take traditional passive air quality monitoring to a new, more rigorous level. AirSense conducts multi-faceted air quality tests and reports the results in real time, giving users a clear picture of their air quality.
OnStar: The Connected Driving Experience
- OnStar has developed forward-thinking concept applications that tap the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, opening new possibilities for in-vehicle connectivity for both drivers and passengers.
VGo: Robotic Telepresence
- The VGo Robotic Telepresence unit lets users go where they need to be even when they can't be there physically. The robot is independently operated by a person in a distant location and enables them to see, hear, talk and move around as if they were actually there.
Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network is currently available in 230 markets, covering two-thirds of the people in the United States. The company has said it will offer 4G LTE service in 400 markets covering 260 million people by the end of this year.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93.0 million retail customers, including 88.0 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon WirelessBack to top