Call For Nominations Green Source DFW Corporate Sustainable Project Awards
Sustainable Projects in Dallas and Fort Worth Area
DALLAS, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --
Press Contact: Phillip Shinoda
MEMNOSYNE INSTITUTE (FORMERLY MEMNOSYNE FOUNDATION)
ANNOUNCES CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
GREEN SOURCE DFW CORPORATE SUSTAINABLE PROJECT AWARDS
The Green Source Corporate Sustainable Project Awards are presented by the Memnosyne Institute to recognize businesses in the DFW area for exceptional projects that enhance and protect of our environment. Awards are available for nominees in five categories -
- Non-Profit Organizations
The nomination period runs until August 31
Voting will begin September 3rd and run until September 30th
The three projects in each category with the most votes will go to a panel of independent judges in early October and will be honored at an event that same month. Nominees will be judged in each category according to the following criteria
1) Manufacturing: The nominee has initiated or completed a project which has successfully implemented sustainable manufacturing practices and promotes sustainability in the DFW community. The nominee and project must be based in North Texas.
2) Services/Retail: The North Texas nominee engaged in a project which has made their services or product offerings more green, or which offer green options in new markets. Examples of this type of project might include an airline phasing in more eco-friendly equipment, a delivery company switching to vehicles powered by more sustainable fuels, or a lawn care company successfully introducing green products to their market.
3) Built Environment - Architecture/Construction: The nominee engaged in the construction and/or design of a sustainable project in North Texas
4) Non-profit Organization (for example industry association or chamber of commerce): The nominee has implemented a successful project promoting sustainable green business in DFW. This must be an initiative which channeled the forces of private industry for the cause of making DFW and all of North Texas a more sustainable community.
5) Finance: The nominee has arranged innovative financing for a green project in North Texas.
Nominees will be screened for accuracy before moving on to the voting phase. In the case of nominations for different projects from the same corporation the Institute, may, at its discretion, contact the nominee to see which project will go forward for voting.
The Green Source DFW Corporate Leadership Awards will be presented in October. These awards are in line with Green Source DFW's efforts to strengthen the environmental movement in North Texas by recognizing individuals and organizations at the forefront of making DFW a more sustainable region of Texas. Individuals and grassroots organizations were awarded Green Source Sustainable Leadership awards in February 2012 "Awards Put Dallas - Fort Worth Environmental Business, Volunteer and Organization Leaders in the Spotlight ". For more information contact Green Source DFW's editor Phillip Shinoda at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Memnosyne Institute
The Memnosyne lnstitute (formerly Memnosyne Foundation) is a Dallas-based non-profit organization founded by Mary Ann Thompson-Frenk and her husband, Joshua Frenk. The Mission of The Memnosyne Foundation is to provide mankind with the means to encourage positive, peaceful global collaboration in all areas of knowledge. Additional information may be found by visiting http://www.MemnosyneFoundation.org
About Green Source
Green Source DFW is an education project of Memnosyne Institute. It brings together environmental groups, green businesses and the Dallas / Fort Worth public and provides them with a tool to share knowledge and communicate with each other. It employs an interactive website, social media , and events to move the environmental movement forward in DFW. For more information go to http://greensourcedfw.org/
Media Contact: Phillip Shinoda, Green Source DFW, +1-214-649-0651, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Green Source DFWBack to top