Mother's Day Wish Lists Fulfilled At Lands' End
Five ideas for fabulous Mom's Day gifts; Celebrate Mom during Twitter Event on May 8
DODGEVILLE, Wis., May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Millions around the nation are preparing to celebrate a special role model in their lives – Mom. For all those searching for the perfect Mother's Day gift, Katherine Finder, vice president and general merchandise manager at Lands' End, offers her expertise for fulfilling moms' wish lists.
"Lands' End is known for unique, clever gifts that are as special and individual as Mom," said Finder. "Whether she loves gardening or gadgets, we have great gift ideas that moms will cherish all year-round."
Learn about great gift ideas and more during the Memorable Moments Mother's Day Twitter event on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. EDT at #landsend. Finder shares the following suggestions for moms who love . . .
- Gardening: Get her a Lands' End Garden Tote. Available for both the cook and flower lover, this durable cotton canvas tote is filled with GMO-free and USDA certified organic seeds by Potting Shed Creations that can be started in their own bags. The Tote for the cook features basil, oregano and tomato seeds. The Tote for the flower lover features lavender, snapdragon and sunflower seeds. Don't have a green thumb? Just call the toll-free help line in the kit to reach a horticulturalist. $50, free monogramming.
- Gadgets: Get her a needlepoint Nook®-Kindle® or iPad® cover. These charming covers are handmade of 100 percent wool with a cotton canvas interior. The iPad cover is available in navy floral and anchor needlepoint patterns, $50. Look for pink and turquoise geometric and multi-color plaid needlepoint patterns for the Nook-Kindle cover, $40. Both can be monogrammed.
- Adventures: Go all out as a family and get her the Lands' End "Kate" Schwinn bicycle. This classic, all-American bicycle is as fun to look at as it is to ride. Designed in collaboration with Schwinn, it features a cream and white frame with a leather seat and bamboo handles. It's even basket-ready, $700.
- Picnics: Add the Bike Picnic Basket made in New Hampshire from Appalachian White Ash. It is designed to fit the Lands' End Schwinn Bike and can carry all the perfect items for a picnic, $55. Make dining al fresco even easier with the shatterproof Scrimshaw Plates ($35-40, set of four) and American-made Nautical Pint Glasses, $38 for a set of four.
- Fresh scents: Consider a Scented Diffuser ($45) or Scented Candle ($25). Both are made in the U.S.A. and are available in four scents: Cypress and Cassis; Shoreline; Siberian Fir; and Pomegranate and Citrus.
All items are available at Landsend.com or by calling 1-800-800-5800.Memorable Moments Mother's Day Twitter Event
To honor moms everywhere, Lands' End is partnering with New York Times bestselling author, mother and grandmother Nancy Thayer to host a Mother's Day celebration on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10 pm EDT on Twitter at #landsend.
"Nancy explores the fulfilling and challenging aspects of women's lives – including motherhood – in her novels. We're huge fans of her work," said Michele Casper, Lands' End spokesperson. "We are excited to bring her warmth and wisdom to our fans for a Mother's Day event that celebrates the meaningful and memorable moments in moms' lives."
The Mother's Day Twitter event will feature prizes for Mom, fantastic gift ideas and of course, everyone will be tweeting their favorite memories of Mom.
About Nancy Thayer
Thayer is the author of 21 novels including Summer House, Beachcombers and the forthcoming novel Summer Breeze, due in June. Her books involve matters of romance, families and relationships. In Summer Breeze, she tells the wonderfully moving story of three women who forge a unique bond during one, sun-drenched summer in New England. Available June 5. Pre-order at www.bn.com/summerbreeze.
About Lands' End
Lands' End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD).
SOURCE Lands' EndBack to top