ONPATH Releases Advanced Software Functionality, Integrating Physical Layer and Packet Flow Switching into a Scalable Management Platform
HorizON 3.0 software delivers a simple graphical user interface for integrated connectivity, filtering, and aggregation features for centralized visibility across thousands of connections
MARLTON, N.J., May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ONPATH Technologies, the leader in scalable connectivity and monitoring solutions for high-performance networks, today announced a significant new release of the company's HorizON management and monitoring software. HorizON 3.0 delivers the industry's most scalable Layer 1 switching and Layers 2-4 packet flow platform to address the ever-expanding requirements of today's data center environments.
HorizON 3.0 delivers features to support the highest levels of network intelligence, user simplicity, and system security for the latest high-performance connectivity and network monitoring access applications. The new release includes:
- Simple drag-and-drop or point-and-click graphical interface, enabling physical layer and packet flow connections to be made instantaneously
- Centralized visibility across dozens of switches and over 100,000 ports, enabling customers to significantly scale network monitoring access solutions
- Intelligent Layer 1-4 feature control, including connection, TAP, low-latency multicast, filtering, aggregation, load balancing, packet slicing, and source ID tagging from a common management system
- Reporting dashboards and tools to easily track utilization and packet flows on a per system, port, or flow level, improving centralized management and tracking of all resources.
- Advanced security features including secure role-based control with Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA), port locking, RADIUS and TACACS+, SNMP Traps, and Syslog.
- An open API, enabling 3rd party software and systems integration
Part of ONPATH's Universal Connectivity System (UCS), which also includes the UCS 3900 and 2900 switching systems, HorizON is a Linux-based server software solution that provides centralized management and monitoring of ONPATH's UCS platforms from any local or remote location. HorizON also supports inter-switch connections between ONPATH 3900 and 2900 switch families, enabling our customers with seamless growth between ONPATH's UCS platforms.
HorizON software supports automated connection management from as few as 16 ports in a 48-port single rack unit blade or system, to over 100,000 ports in a meshed switching architecture. The platform securely supports any combination of Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Serial/PDH/SONET/SDH, and OTN traffic. Each port can be individually licensed to support the industry's widest ranges of speeds and protocols, from copper RS-232 to over 100 Gbps optical Ethernet, and virtually everything in between.
"ONPATH has a proven history of delivering scalable, centralized management software across our platforms, with over 1 million ports deployed," said Gene Litt, VP of Marketing for ONPATH. "This latest Horizon 3.0 release enables customers to seamlessly grow their network monitoring access infrastructure without the traditional complexity of alternative solutions."
The release of HorizON 3.0 coincides with the launch of ONPATH's new Packet Blade offering that delivers the industry's most scalable and lowest latency filtering, aggregation, and load balancing solution. Together with the new P-Blade, HorizON 3.0 enables customers to improve their access to and utilization of network monitoring and security tools.
ONPATH Technologies is the leading provider of scalable connectivity and monitoring solutions for high-performance networks. ONPATH's Universal Connectivity System and HorizON Software deliver an advanced platform that automates and secures data center and test infrastructure to help network managers conserve time, increase utilization, and save money compared to manual patching, static TAPs, SPAN ports, or complex mesh switching architectures. ONPATH currently has over one million installed ports throughout Fortune 1,000 and Government customers. For more information, visit www.onpathtech.com.
SOURCE ONPATH TechnologiesBack to top