Rice & Roll Onigiri Food Truck Rolls into an Area Near You
Fuji Foods, Inc. Launches Month-Long Food Truck Tour in Los Angeles
SAN FRANCISCO, July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/-- Fuji Foods, Inc. is introducing its first-ever U.S. market product today for a limited time only, debuting Rice & Roll Onigiri with a month-long food truck tour of the LA area.
Rice & Roll Onigiri, stuffed rice balls that come with a variety of fillings, is typically wrapped in seaweed and formed into triangular or oval shapes. They come wrapped and ready-to-go in an easy to open package and require no prep time. Much like a sandwich, onigiri is a quick and easy meal option in five delicious varieties - Tuna & Spicy Mayo, Vegetable & Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Smoked Salmon & Onion with Mayo and Edamame.
"We are thrilled to be entering the U.S. market with the Rice & Roll Onigiri food truck," said Sumio Hasegawa, manager of Fuji Foods, Inc. "Onigiri has been a staple of Japanese diets for centuries as a grab-and-go meal perfect for the workday or a family meal. Fuji Foods' strength in technology prepares onigiri that tastes home-made and locks in freshness and we can't wait to debut our products in LA this summer."
As experts across the culinary world, from the Huffington Post to Food & Wine, agree, this year's key culinary trend is Asian cuisine – and this goes far beyond the sushi counter. From gourmet ramen to Asian sandwiches, consumers have seen a rise in easily accessible authentic flavors in their local restaurants and grocery stores.
While onigiri has been an underground secret known best to seasoned culinary trendsetters, Rice & Roll Onigiri brings trendy flavors like Tuna & Spicy Mayo within easy reach of LA's foodies. The Rice & Roll Onigiri Truck will be on the road until August 10 at the following locations:
- 7/21: LA Street Food Festival: 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103
- 7/22:1800 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- 7/27: 10683 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232
- 7/28: Annual Summerfest: 1800 Ocean Walk Front, Venice Beach, CA 90291
- 7/29: Annual Summerfest: 1800 Ocean Walk Front, Venice Beach, CA 90291
- 8/3: 1337 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291
- 8/4: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- 8/5: Highland Park: 5000 York Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90042
- 8/7: 2625 Main Street, Santa Monica, California 90405
- 8/8: 2700 Pennsylvania Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- 8/10: 5900 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- 8/11: Nisei Week: 319 E 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- 8/12: Nisei Week: 319 E 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
To learn more about Rice & Roll Onigiri and to get updates straight from the Rice & Roll Onigiri Truck, "Like" it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/onigiritruck and follow it on Twitter at www.twitter.com/onigiritruck.
About Fuji Foods
Since 1962, Japanese food manufacturer Fuji Foods has developed, produced and sold onigiris, bento, pasta, salad, bread, dessert and other food products. Over the years, Fuji Foods has played a huge role in the technology behind manufacturing food products in Japan and produces approximately 1.4 million meals per day and 180 million onigiris per year. In addition to their long history and experience, they have never stopped innovating their technology to deliver high-quality and safe food products to consumers.
SOURCE Fuji FoodsBack to top